Got a lot done and made a few mistakes a long the way.
Saturday, I started out by finishing the framing where my front windows will go. I ran the framing vertically so it would not be in the way of cutting out the window.
The rest of the morning was spent covering everything I did not wont spray foamed.
Now time to suit up and spray. The Foam It Green 600 sq ft kit http://www.sprayfoamkit.com/land/kit_602.html
comes with a suit, gloves, goggles and shoe covers. The only other thing I needed was a respirator, which I have, just needed to get the required filters.
They have you start on the ceiling first while you have the most pressure, then the walls. I just had enough to finish. It took about 2.5 hours to spray 600 sq ft. The first hour was the hardest, until I got use to it.
Sunday, I spent cutting down the foam that was over sprayed. I tried every blade I had for my Reciprocating Saw, none of them would work. I had read somewhere where someone had used an angle grinder with a wire wheel. This worked well and fast, just very messy. I was covered in foam dust about an inch thick and when I took a shower later found foam dust in places it should not be. it took about an hour and three shop vac fulls to get the bus clean again. I started to hang the 1/4 ply wood on my walls. and up from where the windows will go.
It is fitting nice. I can get three sheets of 4 x 8 plywood right up to the self of the engine.
Monday, I decided to put my windows in.
this is where things did not work out as planned.
I asked the guy who made my windows how big to cut the holes for the corners. He said 3" radius. No problem I have a 3" hole saw. I ran some tape and marked the outline of the window. Measured where the pilot drill bit will go and was off drilling out my window.
Used a 1/4 bit and drilled all the way through so I could use the hole saw on the inside.
My deep drilling core samples
Easy peasy, just connect the dots with the Reciprocating Saw.
What, wait the window does not fit. $#@%&*@ He said 3" radius.Oh know *&($#@ that is a 6" hole. Lucky for me this is all within one of the small sheets of steel I hung after raising the roof. I can order the exact same size and use this sheet as a template to pre-drill then re-attach. I also have left over 1/4 plywood from the sheet I cut this section out to re-cover the inside. I can pre-cut the window re-attach and fill in the space with a can of the spray foam from Home Depot. Once I get this window all worked out the rest should go a little better. I also had to order a 6" hole saw blade. Next time I'm using my jig saw instead of the Reciprocating Saw. It is hard to make straight line cuts with it.
All that work and this is what I have now.
I spent the rest of the afternoon figuring out how to put a window AC unit in the back to run while parked.
I got it installed by 3:00 PM, it was 92 outside, 88 inside, after running an hour it was 72 inside. Works nice and is quite.
That is enough damage for one weekend
Hopefully I can get the hole saw by this weekend and do the window right.