We got all the items I wanted to get done this time around finished. There will always be things to do.
The hardest issue was the fill piece where the roof curves and comes to a point because of the roof raise.
There is nothing to attach this piece to, but you don’t want to leave it open. My dad came up with the solution. We used the can of expanding spray foam. From experience we know it to be very sticky. So we sprayed it in to fill the void and pressed the wood to it and it stuck. When the foam harden, the piece is now “glued” in.
We did the same on both sides and then used cardboard to get the curve piece figured out. It all came together nicely. Since the bottom section of this piece should be close to the top section of the back piece we measured down the distance to the 1 1/4″ over the windows and cut. It fit like a glove.
We did cut insulation and fill in the gaps before we screwed in the wood. Then added the cabinets back in. Now I can’t wait to get some paint on the walls.
Before this was completed and fully insulated. It was always 2 degrees cooler in the back, I only run the front heater. I know this has made a difference because now the back is 1 degree warmer that the front. Next will be to tackle the front section.
We will start in on this, this week.