Hex
Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Bluebird, Model 3800
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 42
Re: The Land Barge ...

And, I'm apparently competent at working on air brakes, at least at the end points of the air lines. I got the broken release valve replaced and was able to move the bus and have it hold pressure with out the brakes on.

Now I only have to secure the release valve to the frame and find a way to grind off the bolts to the starboard valve so I can replace that one ...
Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:53 PM   #32
Hex
Skoolie

Good bus day.

My wife and I got a workable final floorplan hammered out, and the boy and I got the walls marked out on the floor with tape.

With all that in place, I started trading around windows. It looks like we'll end up losing three windows out of the 22 we've got, so it seems pretty acceptable.

AND the walls won't seriously interfere with the roof hatches, so all's good. It's a flurry of activity (for me, not for some of you other folks! ) in a forward direction.

I'll try and get a scan of the floorplan up relatively soon, and my wife found a bunch of bus floor work pictures on her camera, so I'll be uploading some soon too ...
Old 08-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #33
Hex
Skoolie

Okay, so here's the firmed up floorplan.

The red windows are the emergency exit windows, and the black ones are ones that I'll end up skinning over.

I'll still have to figure out where fun things like the hot water heater and such are going, but this gives a much nicer start, and a rather convenient travel path overall.

Where the walls meet the emergency hatches, I'm planning on angling the walls so that the bathroom/bunk area are still separate once the doors are closed ...
Old 08-31-2010, 07:43 AM   #34
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: flatnosed
Chassis: amtran/bluebird/thomas
Engine: diesel

I am not sure if it is polite to offer a critique, but I will and if it is, then I ask your forgivness.

Consider this if you will:
Switch the toilet and shower location- doing so will allow you to
1) use the space between the bunk and now shower location. You can built the floor up onto the wheel hump and mount the toilet on the higer level floor ( I see this in a lot of stick/staples - I think they have the Black water tanks under the "lift".
2) in case you really needed to, you can run past the toilet and out the emergency exit door.

designed to be a friendly suggestion
Old 08-31-2010, 10:13 PM   #35
Hex
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by houskou
I am not sure if it is polite to offer a critique, but I will and if it is, then I ask your forgivness.
No need to ask for forgiveness. I love feedback and constructive criticism. It saves me from not thinking things through.

But I thought about some of that already. I wanted to keep the extra space over the wheelwell as an accessible wet-wall, as well as an extra storage area ...

But the extra-high toilet is something to think about ...

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:29 PM   #36
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Safe T Liner
Engine: 3208 turbo
Rated Cap: 84

the preferd craper - http://www.skoolie.net/forum/viewtop...=1728&start=45
-
yankeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:55 AM   #37
Hex
Skoolie

If only I had the money ...
Old 09-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #38
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas

ugh.... I must hurt you now
Your layout gave me a few ideas on changing the bed setup I had planned, gosh darn it all to Arizona and back. Gonna need more wood
Seeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #39
Bus Crazy

I see someone else has the idea for the emergency exit in the shower - my thoughts are about the same, but I was thinking no sink, and putting the hall entrance into the shower area, requiring less room in front of the toilet. A shower curtain could be used instead of a hall door, unless your crew suffers from barge-in-itis.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #40
Hex
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeria
ugh.... I must hurt you now
Your layout gave me a few ideas on changing the bed setup I had planned, gosh darn it all to Arizona and back. Gonna need more wood
Eep!

Well, it was somewhat of a trick, since we didn't want to lose the back door, we wanted to keep as many windows as possible, as well as the roof hatches, -and- have a place to stand up if the 'master bed' was still a bed ...

But it certainly wasn't my intention to disrupt your plans. Really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbear
I see someone else has the idea for the emergency exit in the shower - my thoughts are about the same, but I was thinking no sink, and putting the hall entrance into the shower area, requiring less room in front of the toilet. A shower curtain could be used instead of a hall door, unless your crew suffers from barge-in-itis.
It was actually my wife's idea, since trying to fit in a decent-sized shower was causing some floorplan issues. Her argument was that it could work like a 'mud-room' if needed, especially taking into consideration that we've got a couple of decent-sized dogs whose paws seem to magnetically attract dirt and other fun stuff. And of course, you can walk through the shower area to get out the door anyhow, so that's not an issue.

The sink worked in there nicely to give one clean wetwall, to keep the plumbing simple and easy to drain come winter.

But I can see the entrance through the shower thing too. It's a perfectly reasonable floor, and showers do tend to be pretty empty and open when not being used ...