Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1995
Chassis: Thomas Navistar
Engine: 7.3 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 64
Re: The Odd OX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSBOZO
Does the steel caps in between the windows hold the screen material in tight enough?

holds it pretty tight. does not look as nice and finished as yours does. i cut them to size so that it fits up under the drip edge and comes flush with the bottom. no bugs get in and i got the breeze i wanted this summer. you can see in the photo that one has a little ripple in it but not a problem. and as for tested i obviously have not been able to start the bus to drive it down the road with screens in it but also don't think there will be a problem. i only had two screws that i had to grind the heads off of i did six windows total but salvaged some more screen so will do more soon.............well i hope to get some time tomorrow or wednesday to figure out the starting issue have an 11 day long fair starting thursday so won't be doing much once that starts. thanks for the ideas.
crazyluke4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:35 PM   #52
Almost There

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: 345
Rated Cap: 69

Just being nosey, but seems like a decent fixer-upper house where the bus is parked. What's the scoop??
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:35 AM   #53
Mini-Skoolie

yeah long story behind the whole reason i am living on this property and also a longer one about the house. but neither property or house are mine. ha ha i am as most would call a squatter. The house dates back to 1790 and would be a beautiful place to restore thats for sure!
Old 09-29-2010, 02:42 AM   #54
Bus Nut

Year: 1974
Coachwork: CARPENTER
Chassis: GMC-6000
Engine: 454 CHEVY
Rated Cap: 66

well i think you have every one eyes

the BEAST, 350, 4 sm465, np205,
hd d44 4.56, eaton ff 4.56
CAMO-MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #55
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Safe T Liner
Engine: 3208 turbo
Rated Cap: 84

Did you get your bus started?
yankeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #56
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: Carpenter
Engine: 7.8 New Holland
Rated Cap: 72

Hey there luke, my name is mike and i have been looking around this website for a wile now. Im am looking for a bus now and i am very excited! I really like what you have done with your bus, i like how you have kept it simple becuse i intend to do the same. One question i have though is did you run into any problems wile installing the insoluation and wood flooring???
MikeyBskunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #57
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeflyer
Did you get your bus started?

no not yet i just got home from this big event that lasted a week and a half. I'm almost positive it needs to just be left on a charger for a while. had my truck hooked up to it but could not leave it long had to go somewhere it almost charged up to 13 volts but don't think its got enough charge to crank. hopefully this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBskunk
One question i have though is did you run into any problems wile installing the insoluation and wood flooring???
the only problem i had was the screws wanting to suck down real tight and it would make the wood uneven....kind of wavy. i ended up drilling pilot holes and making room to counter sink the head and that seemed to solve the problem i still had to be careful on the edges. it is more work to build framework under the plywood but that would keep the problem from happening also it would not be able to over tighten
Old 10-20-2010, 11:11 AM   #58
Mini-Skoolie

ok, a couple of questions. I removed the stop sign and there is what looks like a blatter of some kind, that is what pushes the sign out. Is the sign pushed out by something actually pushing it or is there an air line that goes to it and fills it up? when i removed it i cut a metal line that went into the blatter thing, it was kind of stupid, if i had stood back and thought about it first i would not have cut it i would have paid more attention to it, but it is done and cut. i can't trace it cause i don't know where it goes. is it an air line? if so guess i should just weld the end of it?

also i busted a window yesterday oops you will see in the picture i am holding a frame that i was very proud of cause it was perfectly square and fit right in the hole like i wanted. but the corners were still hot i guess from welding and when i took the picture it must have been touching the glass and right after i snapped the picture the window shattered like in the second picture. it is probably for the best oh well i already got some sheet metal cut to size and bent at the bottom for this window and two more. just need to put them in once it quits raining. hope my tarp is covering the window good enough

my question though is has anybody had a problem with their wood stove breaking windows? would the stove pipe get hot enough to heat the support between windows and damage the one next to it? i don't think it will hurt the other windows, i feel like it was only because the heat was intense and just touched to it. i just wanted to ask to see if anybody else has had a problem with it would rather replace windows now than in the middle of a snow storm trying to keep warm or something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6134.JPG (851.2 KB, 510 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6133.JPG (931.5 KB, 510 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6130.JPG (506.9 KB, 510 views)
Old 10-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #59
Mini-Skoolie

been doing some work on the kitchen and wood stove. the kitchen is real close to having all the counters permanently in place then i can finish the cabinet doors and things. the wood stove has feet now and i was going to attach it to a piece of granit that would have made a real nice harth but i was running into problem drilling it and oh well i'll make it different. just going to do more metal work underneath and make taller legs for it. it will be easier and better in the long run i think
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6119.JPG (864.9 KB, 510 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6118.JPG (1,017.4 KB, 510 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6001.JPG (434.2 KB, 510 views)
Old 10-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #60
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: Carpenter
Engine: 7.8 New Holland
Rated Cap: 72

Hey luke Looks GREAT im loveing what you have done. As far as i have heard some people will put up thick blankets, "curtins" in front of there windows during the winter as a quick cheap fix and im sure that would also help "protect" your windows from the stove heat. Also i was wondering what you have used to attach all your cabinits and your counter to the floor with???
MikeyBskunk is offline   Reply With Quote