Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

The "Special Team" bus, 90% done ---**PICTURES AD

Here ya go:

http://www.ksubus.com

Future plans include window tinting, a bathroom, a table between the two facing purple seats, some carb work, and PAINT!

We just made a deal for graphics with a local place, so we've got that covered. If anyone wants to give any tips for the above project, feel free to comment!

GO CATS!

7000 watt generator powering 2 6500 btu A/C's
Rebuilt 350 puts the power down.
66ChevyTailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 06:31 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1985
Coachwork: ThomasBuilt
Chassis: International Harvester S-1700
Engine: 9L IHC V-8 Diesel 180HP
Rated Cap: 60
Re: The "Special Team" bus, 90% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66ChevyTailgater
Here ya go:

http://www.ksubus.com

Future plans include window tinting, a bathroom, a table between the two facing purple seats, some carb work, and PAINT!

We just made a deal for graphics with a local place, so we've got that covered. If anyone wants to give any tips for the above project, feel free to comment!

GO CATS!
Here's how I made my table between two facing seats. It is convertible into two different table configurations and a bed configuration. Based on what y'all use the bus for, the small table configuration would make a good bar..... Of course, the large table configuration would make a good serving table for food.

You might not even bother with the bed configuration. The seats have to be pretty far apart (6' 4" from the front of each seat-back) in order to have enough legroom and headroom for a bed.

The dual table configuration might be useful, even if the bed is not, and it would make construction simpler not to have to make the table leg adjustable in height.

Plus, you can fold the table up against the wall if you modify the design slightly, or even remove it entirely without much trouble.

http://www.skoolie.net/gallery2/album32
Eric von Kleist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:58 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Nice table! I think I'll steal the idea of a multiple size table, mainly because I have some scrap plywood sitting around that isn't quite big enough for a full table!

Does anyone think a single 4x4 would be sturdy enough (if the table was screwed into the wall well)
Old 09-28-2005, 01:20 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Quote:
Nice table! I think I'll steal the idea of a multiple size table, mainly because I have some scrap plywood sitting around that isn't quite big enough for a full table!

Does anyone think a single 4x4 would be sturdy enough (if the table was screwed into the wall well)
4 x 4 sturdy enough for what? For a pedestal leg? Sure, at least, it would support a lot of weight vertically, certainly more than you would put on a table. The trick would be to connect the 4 x 4 to the table top so that it would not flex in any direction at the junction. You'd need to brace it laterally in at least four directions.

One thing that you might consider for a table leg is a piece of threaded iron pipe. They make flanges for the pipe that screw into the surface. You could screw the pipe in when you are using the table and take it off to save space when you are not.

If you put a flange on each end of the pipe, one end would be fixed to the table and the other could just serve as a foot for the pipe without being fixed to the floor. A piece of 1 1/2" or 2" pipe would certainly be adequate for supporting the table.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:06 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric von Kleist
Quote:

4 x 4 sturdy enough for what? For a pedestal leg? Sure, at least, it would support a lot of weight vertically, certainly more than you would put on a table. The trick would be to connect the 4 x 4 to the table top so that it would not flex in any direction at the junction. You'd need to brace it laterally in at least four directions.

One thing that you might consider for a table leg is a piece of threaded iron pipe. They make flanges for the pipe that screw into the surface. You could screw the pipe in when you are using the table and take it off to save space when you are not.

If you put a flange on each end of the pipe, one end would be fixed to the table and the other could just serve as a foot for the pipe without being fixed to the floor. A piece of 1 1/2" or 2" pipe would certainly be adequate for supporting the table.
I hadn't thought of pipe, but that is an excellent idea. I guess I'm off to the hardware store tonight!
Old 09-30-2005, 09:01 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Mad Dash to Norman

That bus SHOULD be making an appearance in Norman tomorrow!!!!!

I'll be there. It would have been fun to check it out. Go CATS!!!

-Micah
Old 09-30-2005, 11:06 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Mad Dash to Norman

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchbus
That bus SHOULD be making an appearance in Norman tomorrow!!!!!

I'll be there. It would have been fun to check it out. Go CATS!!!

-Micah
We would be taking it, but the front tires are bald and we REALLY need to replace them. I'll be there anyways, though.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:48 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Thought I would show some pics so you folks didn't have to click through...

Angle Shot

Shot of the driver's area

front grille

Open space over driver's wheel well. Any suggestions for using this space?

Air conditioners

Generator on platform

Stereo setup

A/C's on the inside

Another AC picture, with the cooler shelves visible

Classy Cats - signed

Bus in lot

Wildcat NFL player pictures and cards
[img]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/ ... GP2026.jpg[/img]

Again

We have 5 of these couches - purchased at Nebraska Furnture Mart for $1000 delivered (for all 5!)

Couches with people in them

This is where I need to install a table - need to stop being lazy!

More of the length of the bus (older pics)

One last pic of the driver's area...

[b]
Let me know what you all think!
Old 10-31-2005, 06:54 PM   #9

Guys nice bus but Im sorry the The "Special" Teams bus has been taken along with the title of Best tailgating vehicle in the country well b4 your bus was alive hope you didnt borrow our ideas. Go Gators!!! http://www.ufbus.com

UFguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 02:25 PM   #10
Skoolie

Send a message via ICQ to Firearm Send a message via AIM to Firearm
Oh, oh. The gauntlet has been thrown down.
Firearm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:55 PM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFguy
Guys nice bus but Im sorry the The "Special" Teams bus has been taken along with the title of Best tailgating vehicle in the country well b4 your bus was alive hope you didnt borrow our ideas. Go Gators!!! http://www.ufbus.com

Puuuhhhlllease!

That little shorty can't possibly hope to compete with mine!

Borrow your ideas? Well we thought about going with a cheapa$$ bench only interior, but then we remembered that it would suck. Come on UFBUS, you're better than that! I could've done better with a $75 check and a salvation army store.

Seriously, how can go without AC in the Florida heat?

I'll give you this, you guys do know how to drink, but I'm past the stage of thinking that the only way to have a good time is to get a bunch of chicks to beer bong and then seeing what happens. But as far as knowing how to tailgate, you're light years behind some of the other buses (including ours) on here.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:18 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Quote:
I'm past the stage of thinking that the only way to have a good time is to get a bunch of chicks to beer bong and then seeing what happens
I'm not. I just can't seem to get any A) chicks or B) beer bongs in the bus. So far nothing is working.

Maybe I should quit practicing the didgeridoo on campus...
Old 11-02-2005, 11:19 AM   #13

Easy guys. Let's remember that it's not so much the size of your bus that matters - it's what you can do with your bus that really counts (at least that's what us guys with short buses like to say). Go Hokies.
TheHokieHoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:06 PM   #14
Skoolie

Send a message via ICQ to Firearm Send a message via AIM to Firearm
^^ Bus envy. ^^
Firearm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 11:20 PM   #15

66chevy its ok to be jealous.... We were here first :P

We were smart enough to buy a bus with factory ac in it. A cheap bench works gives us storage and left us plenty of money to at least paint our bus and make it look like some thing other than a beat up old bus. We dont force these lovely ladies to do the funnel they want to. Check out MTV2 at the end of November for our bus they apparently liked it enough to come out and film us tailgating.[/quote]
UFguy is offline   Reply With Quote