Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-05-2016, 03:03 PM   #261
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 6,141
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Jeff View Post
whats the cost difference between the DIY kit and a pro doing it. the difference in the rigidly of the chassis and noise going down the road must be stellar.
Depends on where you are and apparently. I can't get anyone interested in the job so will probably buy the diy kit if I do the foam. I may just buy some foam board since 98% of the time the bus will be in central Fl.


GREAT vids, man... Always looking forward to the next installment.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:11 PM   #262
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Tenino, Wa (20 mi SE of Olympia)
Posts: 20
Year: 1989
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: CAT 3208
Rated Cap: 84 pass 36200 gvw
Just spent an entire afternoon going through this thread and watching all the videos. I am known by my friends and family as being pretty handy but I am in AWE. This is an incredible job you are doing and so is the documentation. Thank you.
snonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:23 PM   #263
Skoolie
 
MuddaEarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Kansas
Posts: 200
Year: 1993
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 66 Passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Jeff View Post
Now your just showing off! I love your work well thought out. Did you ever consider trying to make the wheel wells go away in the build. I have 9" from tire to bottom of the inside of the wheel well. I'm thinking it cant have half that in wheel travel. And what ever else distance it needs to clear the flat floor wheel well could be done with a lift kit blocks and longer brackets on the air bags. new shock brackets. Upfront as well to keep it level. Getting u bolts made would be no problem.

I saw one bus get the wheel well cut in half height wise is what Got me thinking I could do this.

Just curious I need to remove the rear wheel wells for my project so the floor is completely level.
I did think about lowering them early on, but with the floor plan I have in mind, they'll be just fine to build right over them.
__________________
“If you want to teach people a new way of thinking, don't bother trying to teach them. Instead, give them a tool, the use of which will lead to new ways of thinking.”
― Buckminster Fuller
MuddaEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:30 PM   #264
Skoolie
 
MuddaEarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Kansas
Posts: 200
Year: 1993
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 66 Passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazty View Post
Great video of the spray foam! That pro spray goes on so much nicer than the DIY 2-part kits. It surely helps that the operator has hours of experience under his belt as well. When I did my bus with the DIY kit (I used firring strips in the same way you did, btw) I ended up with far more waste than you seem to have. It does the job, though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Jeff View Post
whats the cost difference between the DIY kit and a pro doing it. the difference in the rigidly of the chassis and noise going down the road must be stellar.
Thanks Jatzy.....Yeah, the firing strips are going to be nice to attach the cabinetry. How many Kits did you use doing your bus?

Geo Jeff....It was actually just a bit cheaper to go this route, rather than the diy kits. The Kits are around $700 a piece, and to get the thickness that I have would of taken at least 3 kits I believe. I'm mostly 2 3/4 inches thick give or take.
__________________
“If you want to teach people a new way of thinking, don't bother trying to teach them. Instead, give them a tool, the use of which will lead to new ways of thinking.”
― Buckminster Fuller
MuddaEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:32 PM   #265
Skoolie
 
MuddaEarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Kansas
Posts: 200
Year: 1993
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 66 Passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Depends on where you are and apparently. I can't get anyone interested in the job so will probably buy the diy kit if I do the foam. I may just buy some foam board since 98% of the time the bus will be in central Fl.


GREAT vids, man... Always looking forward to the next installment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snonut View Post
Just spent an entire afternoon going through this thread and watching all the videos. I am known by my friends and family as being pretty handy but I am in AWE. This is an incredible job you are doing and so is the documentation. Thank you.
EastCoastCB...thanks for watching man!!

snonut....Thanks for the kind words! I'm happy you enjoyed your afternoon!!
__________________
“If you want to teach people a new way of thinking, don't bother trying to teach them. Instead, give them a tool, the use of which will lead to new ways of thinking.”
― Buckminster Fuller
MuddaEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 05:22 PM   #266
Skoolie
 
MuddaEarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Kansas
Posts: 200
Year: 1993
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 66 Passenger
Hey guys.....Here's the next episode of Transcendence!

__________________
“If you want to teach people a new way of thinking, don't bother trying to teach them. Instead, give them a tool, the use of which will lead to new ways of thinking.”
― Buckminster Fuller
MuddaEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:02 PM   #267
Almost There
 
big_bertha's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 92
Year: 1996
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC/2000
Engine: Cummins 6CT8.3
Rated Cap: 76
Dude I wish you were around before I started. I could have learned so much in such a short time. Your videos are gold, and the work is amazing.
__________________
YouTube | Facebook
big_bertha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 03:53 PM   #268
Skoolie
 
MuddaEarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Kansas
Posts: 200
Year: 1993
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 66 Passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_bertha View Post
Dude I wish you were around before I started. I could have learned so much in such a short time. Your videos are gold, and the work is amazing.
Thank you.....I agree. I've searched the interwebs like a mad man before I started work on my bus and couldn't find much out there. My hope when I started my channel was that I could show others that this kind of work can be done by about anyone if they are just a bit crafty. You definitely don't need to be a professional of anything to achieve good results.

Thanks for the kind words and for watching the videos!!
__________________
“If you want to teach people a new way of thinking, don't bother trying to teach them. Instead, give them a tool, the use of which will lead to new ways of thinking.”
― Buckminster Fuller
MuddaEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:59 AM   #269
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1
I've been snooping around this site for weeks now. Trying to learn all I can before I take the plunge and buy a bus. Your posts are amazing. I really really appreciate the videos. It's helped to make all the things I've read and seen in pics make a whole lot more sense. When I finally start my own build I hope to do the same and give back to this awesome community and hopefully help inspire future members just as you have (this is the first time I've ever made a comment on this site!). Looking forward to the next upload. Thank you!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jukes13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:25 AM   #270
Skoolie
 
MuddaEarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Kansas
Posts: 200
Year: 1993
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 66 Passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukes13 View Post
I've been snooping around this site for weeks now. Trying to learn all I can before I take the plunge and buy a bus. Your posts are amazing. I really really appreciate the videos. It's helped to make all the things I've read and seen in pics make a whole lot more sense. When I finally start my own build I hope to do the same and give back to this awesome community and hopefully help inspire future members just as you have (this is the first time I've ever made a comment on this site!). Looking forward to the next upload. Thank you!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thanks for the kind words!

I also find that videos are much better at documenting and teaching others how to achieve something. It seems now days if you have a question about anything....someone on youtube can usually provide a quick answer.

Thanks so much for watching the videos...it's nice to know you've been inspired by them.
__________________
“If you want to teach people a new way of thinking, don't bother trying to teach them. Instead, give them a tool, the use of which will lead to new ways of thinking.”
― Buckminster Fuller
MuddaEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.