Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2020, 07:49 PM   #301
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackE View Post
Some great ideas that I'm sure are riding around in dozens of other busses all over the country.
I'll admit to blatantly stealing his hood scoop idea. It's really reduced the amount of heat coming through my firewall.

The Busted Flush
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 01:02 AM   #302
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvbuzz View Post
Hello all,
It has been a long time since I have updated. It hard to believe it has been ten years since I started with this journey. The little girl that helped me take out seats has since grown up and moved out. The family trips we took with it will always be apart of our memories. But in the last three years unfortunately the bus has only served purpose has a guest house. With my work roles that have changed, I have lately felt like it may be time to find a new home for it. I will post it up in the classifieds, but this posting really explains it all. The only thing that has really changed is the front clip has faded color. The bus body still has gloss, but has been seeing some paint chipping and showing some of the yellow once again. I really do hate to see it go but I feel like it may be time to let someone else enjoy the experience. I am not sure what it is worth and will probably never see what I have put into it. But I am going to ask $15,000 and see what interest there is in it. Thanks to everyone that has offered input to the build.
Nate
Great build thread Nate. Congratulations on some great stories and memories. Enjoyed every damn word and pictures. At my age I'm looking at getting about to he same amount of time in our build. Would have loved to sit down and have coffee or a beer or two and just visit.
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 10:08 AM   #303
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: 466DT
Rated Cap: 65
Thanks for all the great comments!

Phatman I’m always up for good conversation especially over a beer or two. 😊

I put together a youtube video yesterday. This is starting it up for the first time this year, and did a walk around and in. I am not a person that likes to be in front of a camera, still or video. But I thought others might like to see it. The bus has always amazed me on how quick it starts. Yesterday was no different.

Thanks everyone for looking.
Hvbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:32 PM   #304
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Carpenter
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvbuzz View Post
Thanks for all the great comments!

Phatman I’m always up for good conversation especially over a beer or two. 😊

I put together a youtube video yesterday. This is starting it up for the first time this year, and did a walk around and in. I am not a person that likes to be in front of a camera, still or video. But I thought others might like to see it. The bus has always amazed me on how quick it starts. Yesterday was no different.

Thanks everyone for looking.
Thanks for the video Nate. I wouldn't think you would have any problem selling it. It's hard to part with something you put your blood, sweat and tears into. I'm 65 and I'm hoping to get ten years out of mine. I was trying desperately to finish by the end of May. Not quite there. I'm shooting for August now. Good luck to you Nate!!
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 09:21 AM   #305
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: 466DT
Rated Cap: 65
I just want to give a final update. The bus project was amazing experience that we will never forget. It gave me and my family many life long memories. I want to thank everyone here that helped give input. This is an amazing website and great tool with so many peoples experiences on what has worked and not worked. Learning from others help in not making as many mistakes. It is great to see so much activity on this forum in a time when most forums are dieing and going to FB... Last night gave me an odd feeling watching the bus leaving my driveway and me not driving it. But I am happy to say that it is going into great hands. A local Iowa band has purchased it and are really excited to use it as their tour bus and to pull their equipment trailer. It was good to see the excitment in their faces about its future uses. I am sure the bus will have many more new lifelong memories made in it.

Again thanks to all!
Nate
Hvbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote