Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: 466DT
Rated Cap: 65
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
If you don't mind me asking?
How much did your re-gear cost you?
Did you just send/take them the pumpkin?
For me I can only find one place that will do it for 3000$ but only if I buy the gears and bring them the hog head?
I am still trying to find a replacement rear end without much luck?
Just looking for opinions.
I am going Monday to look at some 10r22.5" rims to replace my 9r20 tubed ones but with my rear end at 6.50 it is not going to make much of a difference except maybe from top speed of 49 to at least 54?
What rear end do you have now? Is there an id tag still on it? If not take a picture so we can see what you have. Unless its some odd ball axle, it should be just a simple pumpkin swap. That's what I did. Pulled the third member out and took it to them, and exchanged it for theirs. Only thing different was I had them pull out my locker, and put it in the 4.10 gear third that I bought from them. I would say you should find one in the $500-1000 range with exchanging for yours. If it were me, I would get your axle/gears figured out before you buy tires. It might make a difference on what you find. As far as $3000, I would hope you get an entire different rear axle for that kind of money.
Hvbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote