ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:25 PM   #292
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
What did you line the shower with? Love the carpeted walls.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:47 PM   #293
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: 466DT
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Good build.
Thanks! We enjoy it. Hard to believe will it wiil be 8 years soon, since buying and starting the conversion.
Hvbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:05 PM   #294
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
What did you line the shower with? Love the carpeted walls.
Sorry for the delay. I didn't notice my own thread had been brought up.

I used a plastic panel from Menards. I'm not sure I would recommend it now tho. I still like the texture more then FRP. However, it does shrink and expand a lot with different temperatures. Functionally, it still works great though.

I still like the carpet too, Thanks! It's funny, I bought some sticky back Velcro rolls on amazon and now hang stuff randomly on the walls.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:50 PM   #295
Bus Nut

Since last summer, it was a busy fall and now winter. We have talked about moving and then things just happened. i finished the house kitchen remodel, then listed and sold the house in 6 days. We then had 3 weeks to move out right before Christmas. It all worked out, but my nerves were shot. We now are proud owners of an acreage just outside of our city limits. Which is perfect since I work in town. Of course its an old house and will be needing work. So that may put some bus work on hold for another year. We will have a couple trips this summer with it, but I may not get the turbo replaced. Maybe... I still really want to do that though... I want to thank everyone for the nice messages I have gotten. It felt like I got quite a bit of negatives when I started the build. The only thing I can say is, no one but your selves, will know what is best for your build. So build it the way you think will fit your needs. There will always be mistakes along the way, but that is just part of the learning curve.

So the new parking spot for now.
20171220_141505 by Hvbuzz, on Flickr

Come spring I plan to have a new spot behind the house. A new septic system was put in. So I had a extra line put in just for the bus. The bus will be parked by the jeep in this picture after I trim some trees soon...
20171219_154011 by Hvbuzz, on Flickr
Old 01-26-2018, 06:41 AM   #296
Bus Nut

You're welcome.

Good idea to use velcro on the carpeted walls.

Congrats on the new property. I considered installing an RV septic dump in my septic system on my property. If I build my big garage, I will do it.

As far as people getting down on others over their builds, each individual has a certain expectation and comfort level. So each build will be different. Everyone has their own ideas. The only time I pipe up is when I see something that maybe unsafe. I'm always up for idea exchanges.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:21 PM   #297
Bus Nut

I apologize, someone pm'd me about my generator mounts. I read it briefly and was going to answer it later. Now I can't find the message.

I used fuel tank brackets off of a 1998 FL70 Freightliner. I only had two and then made a 3rd bracket myself. The fuel tank brackets did work out well and would recommend doing it again.

20150530_123910 by Hvbuzz, on Flickr