Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #11
Almost There
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 69
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Got Lucky!

We really lucked out with Hurricane Matthew. Yesterday around 2 pm the Gov of our state was telling us if we didn't move inland we would die. I was desperately trying to find a place to park the bus and my 2015 Ford Escape. I found a place and hunkered down in my office (others in my office building stayed in their offices, too).

By 9 pm it was apparent that we had dodged a bullet. As the storm ravaged Freeport, it took a bobble to the North and slightly east and we ended up with Cat 1 storm winds versus 140+ mph Cat 4 winds. I am a happy CAMPER (pun intended!).

Here's WanderLust this morning, none the worse for wear! Nothing broken that I can see, just covered in leafy debris! Fingers crossed my first attempt at posting a photo works... here we go...

WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:22 AM   #12
Bus Geek
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 4,584
Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Excellent! Glad to hear you made it through OK.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:56 AM   #13
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 3,114
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I was relieved when I awoke at 3am to see virtually no wind over here in st pete.. i knew that the storm had likely tracekd a few miles east of the coast... my friends on deltona were doing Ok also.. and friends in lauderdale said it was more tropical storm than anything..

you found a good spot to park the bus.. !

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:25 PM   #14
Almost There
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 89
I thought about ya'll, and actually said a little prayer. Glad all is well, and hope that those up the coastline have the same results.

Keep us posted on all the progress on the buses.
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:04 PM   #15
Almost There
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 69
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I was relieved when I awoke at 3am to see virtually no wind over here in st pete.. i knew that the storm had likely tracekd a few miles east of the coast... my friends on deltona were doing Ok also.. and friends in lauderdale said it was more tropical storm than anything..

you found a good spot to park the bus.. !

-Christopher
The storm shifted to the east by just 15 miles while going over Freeport and it made a HUGE difference to those of us on the coast and to you guys on the west coast. Keeping fingers crossed for the northern part of the state!

I found the perfect spot. Just brought her back over to my office and in the morning she'll go down to my friend's house where we begin taking out the seats! EXCITED!!!

Sandi
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:05 PM   #16
Almost There
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 69
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1olfart View Post
I thought about ya'll, and actually said a little prayer. Glad all is well, and hope that those up the coastline have the same results.

Keep us posted on all the progress on the buses.
Thank you, 1olfart! We're hoping the rest of the coastline fares well, too.

I'll have pics on Sunday of the seats out

Sandi
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:22 PM   #17
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 6,178
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
I lost half my garage roof but everything else seems ok. Never even lost power.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:31 PM   #18
Almost There
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 69
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I lost half my garage roof but everything else seems ok. Never even lost power.
Sorry to hear about your garage roof, but glad y'all are OK!
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:05 AM   #19
Almost There
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 69
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Seat Pull out has commenced

So seat pull out has commenced and I'm working like a maniac to get the floor plan done (I know, flexibility, I'm learning from y'all).
So a specific question I have is if I want a toilet and a shower in the same room how long should it be? I am already purchasing a 32x32 shower pan and the 3 accompanying walls. I will have a shower current.
So two questions:
How long should the bathroom be to accomodate a toilet on the other end. I am not doing a "wet" bathroom. Nor am I wasting space with a sink. You can wash at the kitchen sink.
Thanks!
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:15 AM   #20
Bus Crazy
 
milkmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Oklahoma aka "God's blind spot"
Posts: 1,705
Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWoman View Post
So seat pull out has commenced and I'm working like a maniac to get the floor plan done (I know, flexibility, I'm learning from y'all).
So a specific question I have is if I want a toilet and a shower in the same room how long should it be? I am already purchasing a 32x32 shower pan and the 3 accompanying walls. I will have a shower current.
So two questions:
How long should the bathroom be to accomodate a toilet on the other end. I am not doing a "wet" bathroom. Nor am I wasting space with a sink. You can wash at the kitchen sink.
Thanks!
Doing the same with mine, but with a 30"x60" steel shower pan... I'm allowing roughly 88" to 90" length overall. And that's with utilizing the bedroom outer wall as one of the shower walls.
__________________
I once complained I had no shoes....
Until I met a man with no feet
milkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.