Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #121
Bus Nut

Year: 94
Coachwork: b/b
Chassis: tc2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Re: the wild blue yonder

ha man ,i got a nice driver seat,high back no air ride,but in a 1- one shape,if u need it,,, free,, i have no use for it,,, brown color .
i worked on mine today and toke the muffler off,,now i need to put a cold air box on it..now she got more getty up and go

what u got in that cornbinder ????mine had a 345 gas 5 speed hi low...

keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #122
Skoolie

Year: 1979
Coachwork: superior
Chassis: intl loadstar 1653
Engine: D150 V8 diesel
Rated Cap: 48

I am ashamed to admit it; I'm just not sure what engine is in this thing, either 7.9 or 9 liter v8 diesel with and allison automatic. She runs great, sounds just like the old IH tractors we had on my grandparents farm. The top speed is a blistering 50 - 55 mph right now. This winter I'll give the drivetrain some attention and see what can be done to improve it, got to get done with camper bit first, or at least done spending money on that part. I used to have a 345 in a scout II back in the '80s, really loved that truck.

I'm interested in that seat also, the price sure is right! thanks for the offer! We are going to Miami next week, so I'll get in touch when I get back and we can try to figure out a time to meet up!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #123
Bus Nut

So u going to little Haite,i left fla iin 93 and said i never cross that line again,i was in ft luaderdale, when andrew came though and all the crap came up from there....my house got broke into 3s time in a month.so we move befor i shot one of them.... good luck and carrie a gun,a buddy of mine just left there this past wk to move out to the west cost of US..its readly gotton bad down there...

and the seat will wait,there is also another seat too
Old 06-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #124
Skoolie

Look at what we found in Lake Worth FL., any restaurant/skoolie has got to be worth eating at!
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Also stumbled across a guy parting out an old rv down here, got a water pump cheap and have a delima... he has a 20' awning for $40.00, needs new canvas, but its $40.00... We are in my wife's suzuki stationwagon, I'm trying to persuade her into letting me strap that thing to the roof for the drive back to Atlanta, so far, no luck. The day isn't over yet though... maybe if I cut it down to 14'
Old 06-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #125
Bus Nut

Ha atcc77 hold off on the awing i got one here that needs a new convese and i have pick up a 29 gal rv propane tank.the awing is an AE type white in color,i think the awing is 17 or more in ft ,i can let u know.

$35.OO AWING AND $50.00 ON THE TANK,,U JUST NEED TO GET THE ROOF RAIL FOR THE BUS,THERE Cheap..i may have things u need check with me when u get back ??
Old 06-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #126
Skoolie

Keith, that's great news! I'll be back tomorrow night, then I've got work scheduled for the next 3wks to a month. Hopefully I will have some time the weekend after the 4th to come up to Elijay. Thanks! Suzy says THANKS! for saving her sanity on the way long ride home!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #127
Bus Nut

just check the awing and its a 15 ft so the canvis u would need is a 14.7 from A&E u will need the roof track & canvis the rest is here.is that size ok for u ??

when i need parts i go onto e-bay and go to bottomdollor web site and and get the parts i need use parts but i never had anything bad from them.
also i have a fresh water tank from that rv i got the propane tank from.i may sell it too.its clean and cabnets doors too.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #128
Skoolie

A 15 footer is just right for our bus ,
We keep an eye on ebay, but have never heard of bottomdollar before. Thanks for the tip!
Used parts don't scare me at all, our budget won't let us buy too much new (plus I like to repurpose stuff).
Old 06-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #129
Bus Nut

i try to send u a mesg,but i don't know if it came thought it about an awing cover

keith pm me
Old 06-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #130
Skoolie

[img][/img]
Saw this in south Georgia, there where 15 or so of these parked on a farm, don't know what purpose they serve though.
Maybe hay haulers?
Old 06-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #131
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

In Cordele GA (I-75 Exit 101) they are used to haul watermelons from the fields. Want to see a pile of them? Get off I-75 at Exit 101, head west towards Georgia Veterans State Park (nice state park...one of our favs). After you cross the RR tracks in town, you will pass the OSB plant on your right. You will make a sharp curve to the right and if you look over to your right, you will see some metal roofed buildings & open sheds. Should be anywhere from 3 to 15 hacked up schoolbuses. And these weren't trashed buses, they were NICE buses before they were chopped up. During watermelon harvest (end of June/beginning of July), the buses are all over town. You will also see lots of evidence (the bright red juice and sometimes what is left of the watermelons) of what we refer to as "drive by fruitings by the fruit mafia". Okay, I may have spent too much time in Cordele.

It is also a place where you could do a stealth conversion/repair in an almost (or totally) deserted campground (12 miles out to GA Vets SP and turn N not S... going opposite direction of Ga Vets... onto Cannon Rd 8 miles. Left at Campers Haven Road less than 1 mile... right at the sharp curve. Bring your own satellite dish! Full hookups under the pine trees at the back of the campground past the red roofed bathhouse.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #132
Bus Nut

yo water melon ,canlop,peach,s do's that give u a hint....
Old 06-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #133
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith
yo water melon ,canlop,peach,s do's that give u a hint....
Yea, get stuffed on fruit. Add apples from the Red Apple Barn on Tails Creek Rd (Hwy 76).... Don't you just love the smell of that road when they are transporting apples! Roll down the windows and inhale! Yummy!!! Makes me hungry for apples, applesauce, apple pie, apple kuchen, apple cider, baked apples.... I'm hungry!
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #134
Bus Nut

i just make apple wine or apple jack
Old 06-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #135
Skoolie

Spent some time under the Yonder this evening, a week away has given me fresh eyes. The floor is spot welded to the floor joists, I'll try drilling through the spot welds then see how easy it comes up. Should be able to weld the new floor to those new holes. Been thinking about the bunk beds in the back, and how to make a sofa that converts to bunk beds. The rear fender deal has been worked out also, and so have some other little problems.

Just can't wait to get at it
Old 07-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #136
Skoolie

jerk

I know it was going to happen at some point, yesterday was the day. The code enforcement guy came for a visit. Seems as if there's a neighbor somewhere that doesn't care for the Yonder and thinks it a wise use of scarce tax dollars to try to have the government make me get rid of her. The only problem is she's legal. Already titled as an rv, running and parked on concrete!
Now don't get me wrong, I know she's ugly right now, but I'm working on that as much as I have time for (which lately is not at all) so that she won't be an eyesore for everyone else. I just can't stand the thought of someone else who doesn't live here, pay my mortgage, pay my taxes, trying to dictate what can or cannot happen on my property. I will not be bullied.
So that you guys understand, I come from a LLOONNGGG line of spiteful, drunken Scotch Irish rednecks. So with that being said..........
[img][/img]
YOU DONT KNOW ME! I CAN DO WHAT I WANT!!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #137
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: Detroit
Rated Cap: 14

Good for you! When my Mom's boyfriend let me take the bus over to his place so I could park in the shade while installing the deck, we had more than one car drive slowly by, and one minivan stop to gawk.

I learned a couple of days later that someone called the Zoning commission on him for having the bus in his yard. But, just like you, we were legal. There are just some people in the world who believe their personal desires take precedence over everyone else's rights. Luckily, Mom's BF is a lawyer who knows local laws, knows his rights, and knows who the SOB is that called in to complain. He reassured us it wasn't a real issue and told us to come back whenever we needed to do so.
TygerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:27 AM   #138
Bus Geek

Re: jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcc77
I know it was going to happen at some point, yesterday was the day. The code enforcement guy came for a visit. Seems as if there's a neighbor somewhere that doesn't care for the Yonder and thinks it a wise use of scarce tax dollars to try to have the government make me get rid of her. The only problem is she's legal. Already titled as an rv, running and parked on concrete!
Now don't get me wrong, I know she's ugly right now, but I'm working on that as much as I have time for (which lately is not at all) so that she won't be an eyesore for everyone else. I just can't stand the thought of someone else who doesn't live here, pay my mortgage, pay my taxes, trying to dictate what can or cannot happen on my property. I will not be bullied.
So that you guys understand, I come from a LLOONNGGG line of spiteful, drunken Scotch Irish rednecks. So with that being said..........
[img][/img]
YOU DONT KNOW ME! I CAN DO WHAT I WANT!!!!
Sweeeet!! ...very Redneck...good job
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #139
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu

I once saw a similar salute to the neighbors from a guy who also lived in a fancy neighborhood. Seemed the neighbors didn't like his bus either. He hired his gardner to trim a long hedge row to look like a bunch of guys mooning. The hedge separated their properties Just a suggestion for a perfect use of those---planter boxes as time goes by. What is wrong with people anyway?
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #140
Bus Nut

Love the sign....LOL. That'll give em something else to look at........

The planters are a nice touch too!!

Good for you!!!!!