Old 07-26-2015, 12:45 AM   #101
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
3/4 inch pex connected to your plumbing will also work great as a air pressure equalizer.
The pex can be run where no 1.5 inch ABS pipe would fit.

1/2 inch pex will also work if you need something just a bit more bendy and smaller in diameter.

I have plumbed a few fixtures like this to prevent some idiot plumber from cutting a 2 inch hole in a support beam to run his conventional 2 inch vent stack.

IMO All residential plumbers should have been journeyman carpenters before being allowed to become a plumber.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #102
Almost There

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Ward
Engine: Ford 391 V8
For the vents, I think I'll stick to that diy carbon filter. Because I only have about a maximum of 10 inches from the top of the tank to under the bus, it will make me feel better about any sloshing that might happen while moving. If any splashes out (unlikely), it will have been "filtered". It's all a trial and error thing though, as everything is, you know. We're going to be stationary for awhile, so if it works for the smell, it works for me.

By the way, if we live in our bus full time, but we are stationary (as in renting around town till I finish my degree) are we still full-timers? Lol.

We pretty much only have the finishing work and painting left!! Plumbing is secure... Dry as a desert, power is operational! Oh, I lied, we need to throw a propane tank under the bus and test our stove and water heater... That's quick tho, our gas lines are already ran.

Next Friday is the day we move in officially! We found a place to live closer to the university, too! 20 min drive vs 50 minute, yay! We will have a quarter acre almost all to ourselves too!

We still have the hard part- getting rid of all of our stuff! How did I aquire all this stuff, I'm halfway tempted to take it all to goodwill tomorrow... But I must wait and try to sell all that I can by Friday! Hey, does anyone want a yellow three burner stove and/or a 5 gal water heater?

I'm currently in the bus, laying on the couch, while justin is on the bed, watching a movie!!! We got the TV mounted and all of our goodies plugged in. Also, I highly recommend a wifi booster to anyone, I love this thing!! I lived a whole year in a shed using the neighbors wifi, I hope we can find some wifi at our new place.
maggiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:48 PM   #103
Almost There

image.jpg

We added a baby gate between the kitchen and living room too, keep our little GSD pup in sight!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #104
Almost There

image.jpg

Right now
Old 07-26-2015, 08:50 PM   #105
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Big Congrats Guys! --- Move in day is a very big deal. Even though most buses are never actually "finished"...you have hit a major milestone.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:50 PM   #106
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Awesome! Must be great, I love that victorious feeling...
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:04 AM   #107
Site Team

Why's your doggie in jail?

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:41 AM   #108
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: I.H.
Engine: DT360
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiemae View Post
Attachment 7973

Right now
Please, where did you get those boxes/drawers? The white ones I see in the back of the picture. They are great looking! Are they wood or collapsible cloth with a wire frame? I could really use a bunch like that and too lazy to build from wood.
HolyBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:08 AM   #109
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyBus View Post
Please, where did you get those boxes/drawers? The white ones I see in the back of the picture. They are great looking! Are they wood or collapsible cloth with a wire frame? I could really use a bunch like that and too lazy to build from wood.

Yeah, we got the wood crates from Joann Fabric (HD also has them) for $8 each, and made the cubbies out of half inch plywood. The wood crates are 9.5 inches tall, 12.5 inches wide, and 18 (!!) inches deep! We love them because they look so nice, and they are super deep! Justin wanted to make them, but we were running out of time and didn't have the materials for it.

Oh and my puppy isn't in Jail!! Lol, she's kept within sight, so she doesn't have even the slightest idea to pee on the floor, 😉!
Old 07-27-2015, 12:08 PM   #110
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: I.H.
Engine: DT360
Thanks! Noted and shopping planned. They will be great under-the-bed boxes too.
HolyBus is offline   Reply With Quote