Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Time for Some Skool/Need Review Help

Hey all!

Hope everyone is enjoying their week! My wonderful girlfriend and I have decided to partake in the Skoolie lifestyle. We are buying a bus when we get back from a family emergency. We are purchasing some land to park the bus on when we are not traveling. I think I have everything planned out pretty well, so I'd like to share the plumbing/electrical with you to see if they are correct. I have a fluffy pup, and Florida heat is not kind to him. Air Conditioning is a must. So, here is my solar/electric set up along with my plumbing set up! The Tankless Waterheater runs off D batteries. Grabbing some rechargeable ones to slap in there when we need to do so. Be warned, I am fuse crazy. I had a 88 mustang that I rewired with fuse links because it gave me such an issue. When an issue did happen, I just searched for a fuse link that was popped. So, all wires heading out of the panel box will have a fuse link attached to it.

If we have extra funds, we will be getting a composting toilet.

Thank you for any/all input!
Attached Thumbnails
Pre-Professional Review Electrical.jpg   Pre-Professional Review Plumbing.jpg  

Diver&Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:06 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
Maybe I missed it, but what's the capacity of the battery bank? What kind of batteries will you have (golf cart, AGM, Lithium)? Also, have a look into the different wiring configurations so as to have a balanced battery bank. SmartGauge Electronics - Interconnecting multiple batteries to form one larger bank
Old 11-19-2019, 07:14 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

First, I really appreciate the help.

I just forgot to add it. It is the Renogy Deep Cycle AGM 12V 100AH. Planned on doing 4 batteries to see how well that keeps up for our needs.

I am having difficulties lining up the batteries for a . I have seen an absurd amount of different battery set ups. That link is wayyyyy helpful. Mine looks like it is connecting all weird, but I figured everyone would understand I did it the first way that was shown in your link. Thank you!

Did everything else seem to check out?
Old 12-06-2019, 04:49 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Trying to delete this post. Changed a whole lot of information since then, and this reflects very inaccurately.