Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #1

Year: 1990
Coachwork: bluebird
toilet options

I had found it but can't seem to find it again. We are trying to avoid the black water tank altogether, ick... just don't want to deal with it if at all possible. Family of 6 planning on an extended adventure , a year or more possibly. We are newbies. trying to KISS. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Toilet options. While i'm here if anyone can recomend water tank sizes that would be great. Plan on being plugged in but what if. We are now the proud owners of a 1990 bluebird international. Don't know if that helps. Off to a rough start.
Thank-you

chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 90
Coachwork: blue bird
Chassis: International
Engine: Navistar Straight 6 Turbo
Rated Cap: 65
Re: toilet options

Welcome.

You have done the hardest part of the entire conversion....you found this site.

First things first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos
Family of 6 planning on an extended adventure , a year or more possibly. We are newbies. trying to KISS. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Toilet options. While i'm here if anyone can recomend water tank sizes that would be great. Plan on being plugged in but what if.
Ok, if you are a family of 6, you had better consider a black water tank, and a big one. (Ick factor aside) if it is 5 boys and one girl, you could maybe get away with it, but if it is the other way around, you are asking for trouble if they have to hit the bushes every time nature calls! Know what i mean?

It isn't going to be that difficult, just look thru the pages and pages of info available here and go for it. or if plumbing just isn't your thing, farm it out. happiness is your own pot when it is storming outside.
as for the brand of toilet, this is what i have and recommend it heartily:
http://www.seattlemarine.net/productcar ... 1197#index
made by Jabsco.

Sporty rick had some good tank size recommendations. He said he uses 55 gallon fresh, 38 gallon gray, and (ick) 18 gallon black. i am going with the same size black as grey, just cuz of the aforementioned ick factor, i don't want to take a chance on overflow.

if you are interested on plumbing diagrams, let me know cuz i have drawn them at least 100 times before coming up with a final version. and that is subject to change.

once again, welcome to the insanity that is skoolie

Scott
in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
newbusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:57 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas
Re: toilet options

Sounds like you're looking for tanking options not toilet options, right? Frankly, with that many people I would say you need a good 25 or more black tank even though you plan to be plugged in most the time. I've four and 18 sure the heck doesn't work even when we were doing the resort thing. Keep in mind, places you want to go may not have the plumbing setup, have no available spaces, etc which means seeking alternatives like boondocking a day or more.
Seeria is offline   Reply With Quote