Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #181
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
Re: Transmogrifie and Me

Funny how diferent our views can be. I've had several shower/potties over the years and I just wiped them down after each shower--big deal. I use an industrial type shower curtain in my shower at home because it works better than a glass shower door at keeping the floor dry and it cleans up good in the wash. I also wipe down the shower in my home after each use as it keeps things looking good and keeps mold at bay. I'll be using a combo again in my '35 because it is a space saver--and much more pleasurable to use than some rented NASTY communal bath. Each to his own I guess. Jack

ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #182
Bus Nut

Year: 1979
Engine: 8 cyl gas
Rated Cap: 60

I think too it depends on if it's one person or not. I am a short person, (so I wouldn't have to stick my feet out the door to put my socks on). I would be the only one taking a shower or going to the bathroom. Although if my cat had his way we would have double sinks in the morning. And it seems to me that I have the issues of wet socks in the morning even in my big bathroom.

Any suggestions where to find one Jack? And your bus is even smaller too.

I think this guy's looks really neat but I'm not that talented. http://gmc.dwinchester.com/Wet_Bath_...onversion.html
Old 12-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #183
Bus Nut

OK.. this guy has to be an engineer or has too much time on his hands or something but this shower assembly in a pop-up tent trailer is awesome. I likey. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/e...13484782597618 Have to select to go to the external link.

The whole thing is under his dinette bench seat.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #184
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Well, with a all-n-one wet bath, you can always say that you pee in your shower!
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #185
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu

Shadol, WOW! that is a really impressive bath! I'd be hard pressed to come up with something like that. I pulled the combo unit I'll be using out of a dead 5er I was given. After some cutting and pasting of its fiberglass I'll have just what I need in about 4 square feet of floor space. You might want to try to find a fiberglass combo unit in the junk yard. Fiberglass is EASY to work with and the learning curve ain't all that steep. As for peeing in the shower--I don't know. Ha! Jack
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #186
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol trunt
Shadol, WOW! that is a really impressive bath! I'd be hard pressed to come up with something like that. I pulled the combo unit I'll be using out of a dead 5er I was given. After some cutting and pasting of its fiberglass I'll have just what I need in about 4 square feet of floor space. You might want to try to find a fiberglass combo unit in the junk yard. Fiberglass is EASY to work with and the learning curve ain't all that steep. As for peeing in the shower--I don't know. Ha! Jack
Wish me luck. I know I have to 'travel' about 90 miles to get to a real RV surplus/recycle place. Or maybe I'll call around first. The local one here I am going to make an appointment with but I don't think he has much at all. Much less anything that I'd want.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #187
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15

In my case, space available dictates a combination toilet/shower. Simply no room (inside, anyway) for two separate units. And I have to say...I'm not looking forward to that part of the build. It will require custom construction of preferably a one-piece unit. Would be simpler to do in pieces but water leak paranoia has me at least hoping for a one piece fiberglass product. Will likely have to build a form to lay the whole thing up in and may or may not leave the plywood in place. To make matters worse (more interesting?)...it will have to sit atop the driver-side rear wheel well further complicating the shape (yes...you will only be able to take a "sit-down shower"). Times like these make me almost wish for a slightly bigger bus. And since I have zero experience with fiberglass beyond small patching jobs, I am looking for some local expertise. Not much luck so far. The few people I've spoken with who have the skills are in the boat business and real busy with better paying work. It will also require a final finish of sprayed on gel coat. Yet another process beyond my means & skills.

Oh well..."life is for learning"...at least according to CSN&Y.

Onward!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #188
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango
In my case, space available dictates a combination toilet/shower. Simply no room (inside, anyway) for two separate units. And I have to say...I'm not looking forward to that part of the build. It will require custom construction of preferably a one-piece unit. Would be simpler to do in pieces but water leak paranoia has me at least hoping for a one piece fiberglass product. Will likely have to build a form to lay the whole thing up in and may or may not leave the plywood in place. To make matters worse (more interesting?)...it will have to sit atop the driver-side rear wheel well further complicating the shape (yes...you will only be able to take a "sit-down shower"). Times like these make me almost wish for a slightly bigger bus. And since I have zero experience with fiberglass beyond small patching jobs, I am looking for some local expertise. Not much luck so far. The few people I've spoken with who have the skills are in the boat business and real busy with better paying work. It will also require a final finish of sprayed on gel coat. Yet another process beyond my means & skills.

Oh well..."life is for learning"...at least according to CSN&Y.

Onward!
Yeah.. what he said.. all of it. *lol*
Old 12-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #189
Bus Nut

And this is my bus today...

Old 12-31-2012, 05:21 PM   #190
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15

Mmmmmm...must be northern Florida...but ya really oughta sweep all that pretty white sand off the roof!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #191
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango
Mmmmmm...must be northern Florida...but ya really oughta sweep all that pretty white sand off the roof!
AZ actually.. *blinks*
Old 12-31-2012, 07:25 PM   #192
Bus Geek

..Dugh... ...I see what is wrong (from a "pro's" stand point)
....I think you ran over a gnome parking....dig him out and repaint...all will be happy
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #193
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil
..Dugh... ...I see what is wrong (from a "pro's" stand point)
....I think you ran over a gnome parking....dig him out and repaint...all will be happy
Are you referring to my blue? It it rather bright, especially in snow.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #194
Bus Nut

Everyone cross fingers for me ... both for the fact that someone has twice mentioned that they will haul an old trailer they have to somewhere that I can strip it of essentials, that this will actually transpire... and two, that the stuff will actually work for me. Hoping to at least score a refrigerator. But I'm sure I'd be able to use a lot more.

Have major mini me-ing projects going on in the house I'll be moving out of. Sized full sized computer and sound system into a laptop. Got DVD/CD books and took all of my music and movies from a large cabinet into two books. Even found the tiniest little hair dryer. One small step at a time.

This weekend is supposed to be up to mid to high 50's and 39 at night. Might just be able to paint. Inside.. not the BLUE!
Old 01-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #195
Bus Nut

OK.... cold is not going away just yet. 23 degrees at night. So I can't paint yet and I'm getting impatient. Perhaps I will buy and fit the resin paper, styro board and plywood. Cut and puzzle together and then take back up when warm enough to paint... might make it next weekend. Or better yet, start my cardboard mock ups of furniture.. Contacted the Sears store and they're going to save me refrigerator boxes.

Also found out I can get Edelbrock air breathers brand new for $19 - $27 or have shipped for around $34. Crazy.

And long conversation with my cousin and step-pops regarding transmission, tires and air brakes.

There's still lots to do without physically working on the bus.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #196
Bus Crazy

Year: 1973
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: CAT 1160 V-8 Diesel
Rated Cap: 72

Cardboard mock-ups are a good idea. You can get an idea of the ergonomics of what you will be living with.

[/quote]

Photobucket has changed their format. I could not even find this photo on their logs. I had to get it from my thread. Here is the page that explains it. Go to the bottom then continue to the next page.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10764&start=30
Old 01-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #197
Bus Nut

I think I saw some of your mock ups before. I think I read your whole thread. But thanks. I have feelers out for cardboard.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #198
Skoolie

Coachwork: - Still Shopping -
Chassis: - Going Medium/Large -
Engine: - DT466 Desired -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoll
I think I saw some of your mock ups before. I think I read your whole thread. But thanks. I have feelers out for cardboard.
.. go to any Lowe's/Home Store or any Appliance Store and ask for a few Ref/Freezer boxes .. you should be able to score them for free .. then go buy a couple of rolls of masking tape from them to seal the deal .. better yet, ask while you're holding the tape in your hand and tell them why ..
RevBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #199
Bus Crazy

Year: 1973
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: CAT 1160 V-8 Diesel
Rated Cap: 72

Try furniture stores as well. Often times they just throw the cardboard into big dumpsters. A friend and I scored a lot of cardboard last year from furniture companies. We asked the manager if we could have the cardboard, and they said yes. They said we could get some whenever we wanted.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #200
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevBill
.. go to any Lowe's/Home Store or any Appliance Store and ask for a few Ref/Freezer boxes .. you should be able to score them for free ...
We crush all cardboard in the cardboard baler as fast a possible. It keeps the debris down and the stores recycle the cardboard. So don't be surprised if you can't get a cardboard box from Home Depot. You will really need to be in the "right place at the right time".

Try furniture stores for cardboard as well.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote