OKay.. gotta show my pics. I'm one beat mamma tonight..
The paper roll is holding down a curling plywood edge...
makeshift saw horses....
old shelf boards I used for 'walking on'.
I left the posts for the two front risers as I'm not sure what I want to do with that area yet. Think I want to keep them. Used the foam core board to make the fit, then I used it as a pattern to cut the plywood. So I have access to the bolts, or I'll cover them up or take them out all together. Thinking the one behind the drivers seat might save my rear someday from a wild piano breaking loose.
Actually I was considering extending the one behind the driver's seat a bit and taking out the passenger side one and making the stairs come up through there.
Seam looks a little rough in this picture but I filled it in and it butted up fine.
Anyways, might not have been how 'someone else' would have done it but I decided this morning that I had to quit second guessing myself and 'git er done'. Someone commented about the potato chip effect.. and.. most definitely. I cut the boards too close, too tight, and I couldn't get it to 'bend' over the chair rail, so I had to cut the end off. In pasting it back together, I tried using these little hammer in staple things, look like butterfly bandages. Worthless. So I just duck taped the seam for now.
How do you 'fix' the chip effect and how do you hold your ply seams together since you can't screw or nail them down really. Even had the home depot pro desk wondering about that. One guy suggested this tar like tape that is about 6" wide. It was real expensive.
Had to buy more expensive plywood in the area where the trafficmaster flooring is going to be used, used the cheaper stuff on the sides where there wont be as much traffic and under where the carpet is going.
Anyway.. long day, have about the last 9 feet yet to plywood tomorrow.