Just a quick little update! Last week on Thursday I finished removing the rest of the rivets on the interior ceiling panels. It took me about a half a day to remove the ceiling panels and a little longer to do some clean up of tools and things. So... all and all, with an air hammer and chisel it took me (one person, first time using an air hammer) one and a half days of work. Not too shabby for 1000+ rivets. I HIGHLY recommend an air hammer to remove your interior panels.
Today, I cleaned up the bus, scrapped a whole bunch of sheet metal from inside and from my friend's shed, took some pics, and filmed a little intro video about our project for our website!
Ordered all the WVO conversion parts on Friday too, so they should be here this week! We ordered everything from WVO Designs (www.wvodesigns.com
). I chose this company to work with because of their centrifuge products for filtering and dewatering the oil. After all my research, they seemed the best for our needs. After speaking with them about our project and tour, they decided to help sponsor us! So, WVO Designs components will be used to do everything from collection, to filtering/dewatering, and getting heated veggie oil to our engine. They do not supply kits, but high quality, individual components. When the time comes, I will do a detailed post about our WVO system!
Here's a quick picture. I will have some videos and things up when I have the time.
PS: I think we are gonna go with spray foam