Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #221
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Amtram
Engine: Navstar 190
Rated Cap: 77
Re: TygerCub's Project

Keep your head up kiddo. What is tough now in a few years turn out to be the best thing that ever happened. I know we've all had things like that in our lives. Peaks and valleys, and all that jazz.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #222
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: Detroit
Rated Cap: 14

Well, BOB's gone to a new home.

A nice young man named Steve bought him this afternoon. He and his friends hope to turn BOB into a party bus and NASCAR tail-gater. I wish them the best of luck and loads of fun!

I'm gonna miss that hulk of metal.

But not the associated cost
TygerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:04 AM   #223
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: Detroit
Rated Cap: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Soooo...do you hope oneday to get another bus once the dust settles?

Smitty
Oh yes! Most definitely!

I have to admit to being totally bummed about having to do this. But I also had to be a realist. There are a lot of things I've given up to make ends meet - television, eating out, movies, taking vacation trips and buying books/clothes/stuff. Oddly, after a year of this, I find I don't miss any of that stuff at all (well, I do miss the vacation trips, but not the other stuff).

What I find I truly miss is the freedom to do those things if I so choose. Having the money on hand if needed (or just wanted) gives one a sense of safety and security that's hard to give up. I absolutely hate this paycheck to paycheck crap. I'm not one to live in fear, but admit there's that 'back of the mind' voice that whispers evil thoughts of 'worst-case-scenarios' in my ear occasionally, and it gets old after a while.

The next step is to sell the house. Once that's done I'll be able to breathe a lot easier and try this again.
TygerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:01 AM   #224

Year: 2007

I 100% agree with you