Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Genesis
Engine: Detroit
Rated Cap: 14
Re: TygerCub's Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaltydog24
just got done watching all your video's and I have to say well done.
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm glad someone's getting something out of them. They're fun to do. What started out as an experimental way to show my Grandmother what I've been up to, turned into a fun hobby. Unfortunately, since the mechanical problem, I've not kept it up - though I probably should have since it's a problem other skoolies can relate to. I'll try to remember the camera more often when I start to run the bus again.

Looking forward to your photos and bus blog! It's always fun to see how others are progressing on their vehicles.
TygerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:04 PM   #182
Bus Nut

BOB's at the shop! Finally!!!

Mom drove me to the storage yard and provided the extra "umph" to the batteries with a jump. With that little bit of extra "go juice", the bus started right up and we were off! I got to the shop, they wrote up a ticket, and now I just have to wait for a repair estimate.

Couple of things that worry me... The guy said it looked like the bus had spent some serious time near the water as was evident by the amount of corrosion on the frame and engine. I knew it was corroded, but he made it sound terrible . He also said as long as there wasn't any fluid on the ground (so far there isn't ) and the bus doesn't smoke (it does... horribly ), that it should be "pretty solid". What does a smokey engine indicate?

To be honest, I've already had thoughts of selling BOB to get a bus type I really prefer (Bluebird FE 28-34 passenger short bus to pull a trailer). I'm just waiting to hear what the damage to my bank account will be to get all the repairs done that are necessary. Driving to the shop was a thrill! But I think that was just the fact it was running again more than anything else. Lord knows I don't really need to be spending this money so close to Christmas. (Merry Christmas to me?) But the sooner I can get BOB running, the sooner I can either sell him and buy something that I really want, or start working on the interior, and make use of what I own.

Argh! I can't make up my mind!!!!

Just like a woman!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #183
Bus Nut

...Silly Questions...

Do you love him?
Do you think he is worth the effort?
When you think of the future, is he in it?

...only half way through the first cup of coffee. ^.^?
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:25 PM   #184
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
I just hope BOB never reads your post, he would be deeply hurt.
That's what happens with rebound relationships. A girl gets dumped and reaches for the first bit of comfort she can find... alas, for the rebound guy, it never works out.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #185
Bus Nut

Send a message via AIM to baadpuppy Send a message via MSN to baadpuppy Send a message via Yahoo to baadpuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerCub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
I just hope BOB never reads your post, he would be deeply hurt.
That's what happens with rebound relationships. A girl gets dumped and reaches for the first bit of comfort she can find... alas, for the rebound guy, it never works out.
Ahh, but he might just have some fun times to remember afterwards...
baadpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:38 PM   #186
Bus Nut

Got a few more photos and a video on YouTube (see link in the signature).

This is the hydraulic sensor that was broken when I bought the bus. It didn't affect the ability to drive it, but did make it damned annoying as the alarm would occasionally start to sound - then cut off - then cut back on again for no apparent reason.

How we got BOB running. Tommy left a wire attached to the fuel injection pump that had to be clipped directly to the ignition switch to get power to it. That was okay to get it started, but was a little disconcerting to have to open the hood while the bus was still running to get it to shut down.

Just a shot on the way to the shop. Someone requested a video of the bus running, so that's in the YouTube segment.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:35 PM   #187
Bus Nut

OMG! OKAY, NOW I KNOW WHAT I NEED TO DO TO BOB...

Seriously, if anyone wants to see some really whacked out bus turned pirate ship/giant foot/giraffe/victorian house/space ship/etc... check out some websites of Burningman.

WOW
Old 11-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #188
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66

You mean do to "Barb"!?!

Oh!...wait a minute...you meant add a second story, didn't you...?
Old 11-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #189
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas

OMG my daughter is in love and wants us to paint our bus pink and add a sundeck now. CURSE YOUR PICTURES!!
Seeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #190
Bus Crazy

I can't decide if the gentleman in crimson is a pimp, or the doorman/spirit guide to an alternate universe.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote