Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2018, 05:21 PM   #61
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: TE 444
Rated Cap: 12
White trucks used positive ground as late as 1978, I drove a 78 white tractor that was positive ground

Kubla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:30 PM   #62
Almost There

Year: 1969
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Ford B-750
Engine: 390 BB
Rated Cap: 2 humans, 1 cat
Closer......!! Our last days at work are April 20th - the interior won't be done but it will be livable. They're doing the water plumbing today. WJ got the sink countertop & sink mounted yesterday and today they're installing the water heater and water filters (we had purchased a whole-house filter system and then when we bought the hose hookups we also got an inline filter). The space around the toilet I think he said is done, as is the storage space between it and the bed. I believe they've ran the propane lines (we've upgraded to 3 tanks, 1 for hot water and the original 2 that came with it for cooking). My brother scored a 6x12 cargo trailer for us which will help a lot. Instead of re-loading Wanda we can split up stuff between the Durango and the trailer plus we have a "sun room" as my sister-in-law calls it for when we arrive.

We've had some issues with the new management at the park we're planning on parking at - we've gone from long-term parking plans to let's just get there, get settled, get jobs, and then look for something else.

And I'm running into title issues. One, my Ohio title got damaged in the hail storms from hell last year. Damaged? Destroyed. It was in a small fireproof safe that managed to wick in enough moisture to cause it to be a moldy chunk of ice in March when I went to get it. (Future titles and other legal documents will now be vacuum sealed with a food sealer!) So I had to send off for a duplicate which actually worked out really slick. I mailed it on the 21st express mail, they had it the 23rd and back in the mail the 24th so I had it the 29th. Truck my little self to the registration office......

We need an unloaded weight. It's an RV thing in South Dakota. I took a couple deep breaths, explained that I needed to walk away because I don't want to take out my frustrations on her (I'm also dealing with an annoying HR dept who won't let me take any of my excess PTO off during my last two week, like I can't even be late, or I lose the 80 hours built up that they pay up to upon resignation - the employee manual is very ambiguous). So now, after the guys get her running (and fresh gas has been purchased, she must be close!!), I'll have to get temp tags so they can run her to the weigh station so I can get the title transferred. So my lunch break for 2 days will be from 8-830 am of my 8-430 shift....but it works. I hope!

We’ll be doing the interior painting and final trim work when we get there. I’ll probably also be sewing the curtains and such upon arrival, too! We did get shower curtains to surround the bathroom space and a new set of sheets (we have 1 but since a laundromat is required for those, we figured a 2nd set might not be a bad idea), so we can arrange some privacy while on the road.

I can’t wait to get going!! I’m sure WJ will come in with more updates soon!
WanderingLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:29 PM   #63
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3000RE
Engine: T444E w/ MT643
Rated Cap: 84 pass, 40'
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingLass View Post
Thank you! [emoji2] Man, I hope no one has the luck we had! Although, we do feel that there was Someone watching over us - especially with the trailer. That could have gone SO WRONG - it could have gone up the ditch and flipped if there hadn't been so much mud, or, worse, it could have gone traffic-side and caused a major accident.

We've dropped the insurance for awhile - she's not going anywhere until we've gotten a couple paychecks under our belts and caught up on some bills then we can start working on her and take her out a few times. Our nephews are thrilled to go camping in her - the oldest one already called top bunk!
Wow. I thought my 3 day 360 mile journey home with my bus was problematic. I had no idea how lucky I was!!!!! I hope your luck evens out so that you have some seriously good stuff coming your way now and have the crap behind you.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:39 AM   #64
Almost There

Year: 1969
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Ford B-750
Engine: 390 BB
Rated Cap: 2 humans, 1 cat
Thank you! Even as the guys mentally (and maybe verbally!!) cuss the previous owners out (we seriously got shafted on this bus - they had butchered it beyond belief and in a manner only tearing it apart would show it) we at least know that we'll get to our next destination safely.

The engine is running!! And they promptly lost some of the signals (I think turn signals but they tend to talk about it when I'm not within hearing range so I'm only catching snippets). They're in the garage today putting together plumbing stuff (because we got another foot of snow dumped on us yesterday!! Half the city was shut down as was the Interstate for 60 miles) and tomorrow I don't know what the plans are. Not a lot can be done under the old girl if there's still a lot of snow/mud and the next few days aren't going to get much above freezing. Again.
WanderingLass is offline   Reply With Quote