Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2015, 01:59 PM   #1
Skoolie

Anybody using iOS 6.1 successfully with skoolie dot net?

HELP!

I cannot switch pages or post anything without logging back in every single time. ARGH! Support hasn't been able to help. Is there anyone else out there with an old iPhone that works in this forum? If so, will you share your settings?

Fwiw, I do not have enough memory to upgrade to the new iOs, and I do not have the minimum system requirements to add tapatalk.

I sure hope someone can help me.

Thanks all!

Old 04-03-2015, 05:41 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Currently in Appalachia

Sorry just had to say that....sounds so TV

J/k

I tried on an older iPhone (we are droid users) no issues

I am moving this to another area of board will staff can we it....where you at? Appalachia is huge
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:18 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Ford e-450
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 14
Things have been odd to me too. (not on a phone) Go from the forum new post page to a thread-it takes 30 seconds then 1/2 the time goes back to the main forum page.

my bus build https://www.skoolie.net/gallery/Skoolies/Sped
sdwarf36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:44 PM   #4
Skoolie

Thanks Bansil! I think my phone is a 5?, 5S- I can't remember. I did get a response via email from someone, but she didn't have an answer for me, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if any users had success with the same problem. You said you tried an older iPhone- what are your browser/cookie settings? I've tried everything in the FAQs- no success.

It wouldn't be the first time this phone wasn't compatible with an updated app. Everything seems to be optimized for v.7-v.8 with no options for v.6.

I was catching up on a lot of your build thread today. You're about 3 hours from me. I'm in SWV, but hope to move further south soon. Btw, I will be re-iterating some of your designs when I finally find my bus. Curtain rod, doors, stairs, vent covers, adjustable height counters, and maybe the tub too. I like your style. <high five>
Old 04-04-2015, 04:37 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Hope you get it figured out, there are at least 5 of us in this area, we need to get together this summer maybe
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:12 AM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Bookmobile body by Farber
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: Navistar DT466/Alison MT643
Rated Cap: 1
I'd like to know why you aren't able to upgrade to at least iOS7. I have an iPhone 4 (at least two or three years older than your 5 or 5S) and I'm able to use the last update to iOS7. Yours can run iOS8, so it should easily handle iOS7.

Try this: If you're using the mobile-optimized version of the skoolie site, scroll all the way to the bottom of any page and you should see a small "Full Site" link in the footer. Tap that and the site will display as if you are using Safari on a Mac instead of the mobile site. Sometimes the mobile versions of web sites don't act like they do on a PC, so switching to the full site may make a difference.
PDBreske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:11 PM   #7
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDBreske View Post
I'd like to know why you aren't able to upgrade to at least iOS7. I have an iPhone 4 (at least two or three years older than your 5 or 5S) and I'm able to use the last update to iOS7. Yours can run iOS8, so it should easily handle iOS7.

Try this: If you're using the mobile-optimized version of the skoolie site, scroll all the way to the bottom of any page and you should see a small "Full Site" link in the footer. Tap that and the site will display as if you are using Safari on a Mac instead of the mobile site. Sometimes the mobile versions of web sites don't act like they do on a PC, so switching to the full site may make a difference.
Thanks PDBreske.

I can't update because it requires 3.8GB, i only have 1 available out of 5. Deleting enough stuff to give me 3.8 for the update would wipe out all the apps I use regularly.

I do use the full site. I wish I could go directly there when I log in. I don't like the mobile set-up at all. Too much scrolling, and not enough details. Since I keep getting booted, and end up viewing most content as a visitor, "new posts" are seldom accurate. I need to see who made the last post and when, and/or use that (go to first unread post) button, which does not exist in the mobile version.

I am resigned to my plight. I will update when there is another cheap upgrade offer, but will not spend hundreds to replace a phone that still works. Inconvenience is a small price to pay. I just don't use the apps that won't work. I had to change banks to access my acct, for the same incompatibility reason.

Tags
booted off site, ios 6.1 problem