Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2006, 06:14 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: IHC
Engine: Dt360
Rated Cap: 19
Banned?

Hi Admin-

Sent you a note, but not sure if it got to you. I and other users are getting messages that we have been banned from the forum. For me it happens when I try to access the Forum from the new fancy page (but I can access it fine from the direct (http://www.skoolie.net/forum) link. I also get the "You Have Been Banned" mesage when I log in; but if I hit the Back button it seems to let me access some parts of the forum, but not all.

We've been on our best behavior (honest!), so maybe it is a tech glitch in the BB software.

Anyway, just a heads-up that...something is up.

Sean

Old 06-17-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
I was fine last night. Then I finally got some pictures up and made a LONG post and got banned I figured I had exceeded some limit or something. It does make me feel somewhat better to know that others are experiencing the same frustrations.

Ok, Steve...I've tried Mozilla and IE on both of my computers, reset my router and modem, adjusted my firewalls, and even tried to get in under an anonymous proxy server. I'm still getting the message that says I'm banned and I should contact you. This happens if I come in through the new page or the backdoor, proxy or not. However, I can still view and log into the gallery and post messages (in fact I was still logged in) by simply going to http://www.skoolie.net/forum. If I have index in there anywhere it says I'm banned. I hope that's SOME help. I'm thinking it MUST be on your end since not even my VERY anonymous proxy server could get me by.

Thanks a bunch,
Andrew
Old 06-19-2006, 10:17 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
Everybody was banned, even me, thats partly why it took me so long to get things fixed.

I'd rather not discuss what happened because that would be helping the bad guys.

If you see something out of place or not working let me know and I will investigate.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:39 AM   #4
Bus Geek

I was going through withdrawl....I need my skoolie fix!

glad to see she's back up and running
Old 06-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #5
Skoolie

Send a message via ICQ to Firearm Send a message via AIM to Firearm
Nice job Steve. I'm getting tired of idiots screwing with all of these forums. We've had the same kind of problems with the group I game with and people hacking our php forum. People need to get a life and stop with the juvenile antics. Glad to see you got everything fixed and keep up the good work!!
Firearm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 04:32 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66
HUZZAH FOR THE GOOD GUY(S)! I was jones'n for my skoolie.net fix too, but had no way to contact you about the ban message! Glad to see you came out on top of that one. It is sad that some people have nothing better to do with their time, hope you can trace the culprit! LONG LIVE SKOOLIE.NET!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 05:39 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: IHC
Engine: Dt360
Rated Cap: 19
Thank you for your service Steve!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:33 PM   #8
Skoolie

Great time saving tool for most hacks PHPBB Admin ToolKit

http://starfoxtj.phpbbhelp.org/phpBB/toolkit/
hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:06 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Thanks, Steve

When I started seeing the various error messages it became rather clear that we were hacked and I wasn't just banned for being naughty. Are they attacking us specifically or what?
Old 06-20-2006, 11:20 AM   #10
Bus Nut

Year: 1985
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 366 propane
Rated Cap: 56
Thanks Steve! I really appreciate all the time, money and effort you put into this site. It is a very special resource that I look forward to visiting almost dailey. Keep fighting the good fight against those computer hooligans. -Richard
captainkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #11
Bus Geek

You know...I have to give these hackers some pseudo-respect because they clearly know what they're doing with a computer. I think we need to start a non-profit organization who's focus is to reform hackers into valuable members of society. Just think of the possibilities if we could get an actual hacker working for Norton, McAfee, etc instead of just someone fresh out of college with a C.E. degree

The Skoolie.net Foundation...raising money to reform hackers one parking lot car wash at a time.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:08 PM   #12
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_experience03
You know...I have to give these hackers some pseudo-respect because they clearly know what they're doing with a computer. I think we need to start a non-profit organization who's focus is to reform hackers into valuable members of society. Just think of the possibilities if we could get an actual hacker working for Norton, McAfee, etc instead of just someone fresh out of college with a C.E. degree

The Skoolie.net Foundation...raising money to reform hackers one parking lot car wash at a time.
They get no respect from me because they are just punks that think they know something, big deal they can hack this site, this site was not built to combat even the most rookie hacker it was built to help people with a buses and conversions, bet they are all fulll of themselfs they were able ot hack in this high security site and bring it to their knees LAMO if they could hack microsoft or yahoo then they might be slightly impressive but they still would be punks, if they were not a punk they would find the security hole and quietly notify the owner and help him plug it to keep the mutts out.
hoser is offline   Reply With Quote