Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2013, 05:39 AM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1973
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: CAT 1160 V-8 Diesel
Rated Cap: 72
Cannot access How-To section

A friend (ezrablu) has trouble accessing the tutorial sections. Also, she is now not able to post anything.

Here is the email that she sent me as well as a response from this site related to her attempt to view the tutorial sections.

I ask that a moderator to please respond and explain this mystery.

Thanks

Ezrablu's email to me:

Remember I said I belong to Skoolie.net, too? And I mentioned that I can't look at the Tutorial and How To's thread because it just shows an error? Well, I tried to post today and below is a message that I received. This is very strange because I did NOT try to post ANY kind of a link. My post was simply saying I couldn't access the Tutorial and How To's thread. There is something either wrong with my account with them OR their forum has a virus or something??? I'm not sure how I can get this fixed but perhaps you can forward this problem onto someone in charge there? This problem started about a year ago and I thought maybe they just had a glich or something that would fix itself. But every time I've gone back....I still cannot access that one Tutorial section. And now I can't post???

A reply to her from this site:

Hello ezrablu,

You are receiving this notification because your post "Re: how to
encyclopedias..." at "Skoolie.net" was disapproved by a moderator or
administrator.

The following reason was given for the disapproval:

The message contains links to illegal or pirated software.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: IHC
Engine: Dt360
Rated Cap: 19
Re: Cannot access How-To section

Sorry your friend is having trouble. I haven't been moderating spam for a few weeks, but I have a theory on what happened.

When a mod looks at the list of topics and posts that have to be approved, that list is usually a hundred or more in number. The number of legitimate posts is, in my experience, about 1% of the total. What happens is the moderator (and I'm projecting here) will quickly scan the list of posts & topics, looking for anything that doesn't look like spam. Unfortunately, your friend's topic sort of "how to encyclopedias..." likely got lost among the "discount jerseys" and "louis vitton underwear" and "cheep watches" posts, and got disapproved.

The mods only have the ability to approve or disapprove posts by new members, and move, edit or delete existing posts & topics. We can't ban members or delete accounts, or change the status of new members to members with full posting privileges.

Again, sorry that your friend is having trouble. Maybe he could try posting that new topic again, and it will get approved this time. I'll certainly keep an eye out for it.

Best
Sean