Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2015, 12:27 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

forum suggestions

I am on about page 80 of Conversion General Discussions

#1 If you want this to be a valuable resource, you might want to get people to upload here instead of photbucket etal links. anyone that has ever trimmed their photobucket images if they no longer show up, then the information is worthless without pics.

#2 Same with posts featuring CraigsList ads. For historical record, if there is a photo one might be needed to be uploaded here where it stays forever because after an CL ad has faded away posts about it are worthless.

#3 Who was Smitty and who killed him? Seeing quoted comments from someone and never seeing the full text of what they said really kills the conversation. Can you not put up some sort of timer? Like after 30 days you can't edit a post? He may have edited himself out, or as I suspect someone killed him and deleted him.

I might add to this later.

perryT200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 06:45 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 8.3 cummins
Rated Cap: 11 window
everything gets buried on this site, and the owner wont change anything. they could care less about skoolie, they just want the money, so sad
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:04 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International 3000RE
Engine: T444E/AT545
Rated Cap: 75
What I'd like is the ability to go back and edit earlier posts. A lot of the links I posted from facebook on my build thread are no longer visible, and I want to replace them

Captain Obvious on deviantArt
Scooternj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:22 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Some folks abuse the ability to edit posts. That's why theres a 90 minute (I think) window to edit.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 03:07 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooternj View Post
What I'd like is the ability to go back and edit earlier posts. A lot of the links I posted from facebook on my build thread are no longer visible, and I want to replace them
If you need an edit just ping a moderator - happy to help.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:31 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

This thread is a prime example. An 11 page thread that makes basically no sense because the author of the post is deleted and so are a few of the other people.

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f13/so...dead-3405.html

Vanguy67 is gone, Smitty is gone, god knows who else. the thread jumps all over the planet, makes no sense and I think the Mods made it that way. What a waste of information.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:11 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

And another thing. Have we killed a previously useful photo album feature?

I am on page 145 of the conversion threads and lots of folks have links to their albums in their signatures but when you click on them you go to the generic page. I don't see a way to make this work. IE.

http://www.skoolie.net/gallery2/v/Sk.../The+Bus+Pics/

Would be great pics I would like to see, I just don't see a way to get there.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:09 AM   #8
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 8.3 cummins
Rated Cap: 11 window
project information or step by step

we need a link called projects or whatever that you can click on and read only. mods can decide what goes there. sub categories like brakes engine transmission towing electric bla bla bla. step by step info and pics only. have you done a brake job? installed a trailer hitch? transmission service? change your compressor? i seen it on here but it all gets buried, so sad. every week someone askes about a roof raise. search spray foam, i spent hours and never saw a pic of a bus with foam or what you need to do to prep for it. this has been talked about over and over, nothing gets done.if you need help programing, just ask. have a wonderful new year, peace and love to you all
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:36 AM   #9
Bus Crazy

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All-American R/E
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Outside photo hosting is far superior. You can rely on them far more than you could this sites hosting. One blip or update on this host and things are gone or not accessible.
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:24 AM   #10
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryT200 View Post
This thread is a prime example. An 11 page thread that makes basically no sense because the author of the post is deleted and so are a few of the other people.

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f13/so...dead-3405.html

Vanguy67 is gone, Smitty is gone, god knows who else. the thread jumps all over the planet, makes no sense and I think the Mods made it that way. What a waste of information.
This site was around a long time and it was a close knit group, there was a huge server crash and then a change in owners etc over the short time I have been here, people move on when buses are done and don't check in ever

Hell we have a few folks that pop in time to time that have 2006 and 2008 join dates

A lot of information was lost when the site was attacked by major Chinese and Russian spam, lot's of email accounts etc was lost with a "cleansing" of accounts

To blame this on mods deleting stuff from 8 years ago is just

It is almost like when people some how find a thread from 10 years ago, revive it with an answer and wonder why the OP doesn't respond with a diagram

So sleep easy at night knowing that there is not a conspiracy going on to make old threads unreadable, and to fix threads from years ago would be next to impossible
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:42 AM   #11
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Bansil, you do a great job.
I'm glad this isn't the site it used to be. The days of open racism and meanness made lots of folks run away. Glad this isn't "Pirate skoolie" anymore.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:22 AM   #12
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC/2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil View Post
Hell we have a few folks that pop in time to time that have 2006 and 2008 join dates
I noticed last summer that VonSlatt posted for the first time in almost 8 years. I really liked his website when I was first getting into skoolie stuff. It would've been nice to see a project update.
austin1989us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:29 AM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

Is there a place to share recipes and other food related stuff ?

I know about the huge cooking sites but all those assume you have a full kitchen an unlimited water an storage .

And anyway I find that most folks have comfort food from where they are that you may not have seen or tried .

I know there are lots of things I have eaten all over the Caribbean and other places back when I was into sailing I wish I had a recipe for .

Ingredients
Sliced bacon
lamb loin chops
Shallot
Garlic
Anchovies
Parsley
One lemon
Olive oil

Trim lamb chops of any excess fat.
Wrap bacon around loin chops covering as much of the meat as possible and secure the bacon with toothpicks.
Bake on a sheet pan at 400°F until bacon is crispy, at that point the lamb should be perfectly cooked.
Salsa Verde:
Chop equal parts shallot, garlic and anchovies and combine with double the amount of chopped parsley.
Mix the chopped ingredients with the zest of one lemon and drizzle with olive oil.

I like roast golden potatoes and butter beans with this and a bit strange but cranberry sauce also is good as a side to clean the palate of course most have wine with it but a good icy cold Sam Adams summer ale in season is to die for .
Old 02-19-2016, 03:40 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wolf View Post
Is there a place to share recipes and other food related stuff ?
Good suggestion. we added a new section to the forum - down the page a ways called Skoolie Life. Post about hobbies, bikes, photography, cooking and other stuff related to having a good time in your rig (ermmm.... no adult content please ).
Old 02-19-2016, 04:13 PM   #15
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19
What are the chances that a guy named Mad Wolf would post a lamb recipe?
roach711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:38 PM   #16
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
One more forum suggestion...

Pulleeeeze people! Size your pix down to something loadable in less than thirty minutes before posting/linking them. Seems lately everything is around a gazillion megabytes each.

Rant complete. Thank you.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote