Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Re: How to make this site better.

seems to be fixed now. cool

Old 10-24-2008, 10:35 AM   #22
Bus Nut

It's still doing it... it's random.

Don't know if it's an issue with the site or my computer, but like I said it's doing it on both my desktop and my laptop.

Any ideas?
Old 10-25-2008, 09:36 AM   #23
Bus Geek

i use firefox and have no issues at all with this or other sites....
Old 11-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #24
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve

I don't know exactly what you are saying but if you read a topic it will mark all posts in that topic as read.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:05 PM   #25
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyaustintx
I fixed my problem , I had to login in again for some reason.
BUT how about when you login and you want to "view new posts" and only read half of them and come back to read the rest of "view new posts"and the site will say there is "no new posts" so you got to go to the board index than go by date to read the rest is any body else having this issue. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
I don't know exactly what you are saying but if you read a topic it will mark all posts in that topic as read.
I know what he's talking about because I've noticed the same thing. Of course I have the luxury of just leaving the tab open until later when I can look at it.

I think (and I may be wrong) that the "view new posts" refers to new posts since you last logged in or checked. Unfortunately for you there might be a ton of action before you check it. You don't have enough time to read it all so you plan to come back later. But there hasn't been any new action since then and so it comes up with none...

I don't think there is a fix, but clicking "View active topics" will bring all that stuff up and if you check by date you should be able to figure it out.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #26
Bus Crazy

Quote:
phillbus914 wrote:

I don't know if it's my browser (Firefox) or what, but it seems I have to log in almost every time I go to check new messages. Anyone else having this problem?

I don't think it's the computer because it happens if I'm on my desktop or my laptop. I even check the keep me logged in box and it still does it... seems to have just started doing this in the past week or so.
Quote:
John wrote:

I noticed I've had to log in every time this past week as well. I also use Firefix 3.0.3.
I don't know if anyone is still having problems. I never have to log back in using Firefox 3.0.5.

In Tools/Options/Security, I checked the box for "Remember passwords for sites."
In Tolls/Options/Privacy, I have "Accept cookies from sites" and "Accept third-party cookies" both checked.
The "Keep until" option for cookies is set to "until I close Firefox."
Then I clicked the "Exceptions . . " button in Cookies, entered "www.skoolie.net" in the box, and clicked "Allow."

This lets Firefox clean out any advertisements or tracking crap when I exit the program, but still keep my Skoolie status active.

I hope this helps. It works for me. As always, YMMV!
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #27
Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.2 liter diesel
Rated Cap: 24

You know, you could really cut down on the spambots if you required people to join the site before viewing posts. It would also have the benefit of increasing your membership so that you could better compete with some of the bigger and better skoolie sites on the net!

Just kidding!!!

Somebody mentioned making the picture gallery easier to search. I liked that suggestion. I don't know if I just don't understand how to do it or if I'm missing something, but if I am then I'm sure someone else is too. I know that if I read in a thread "Just go look at my gallery pics" that I usually don't because when I've tried I just end up looking at pictures, having forgotten what I was looking for somewhere along the line.

I like that there are no stupid questions here, that no matter how little you know about something you can ask and get help. I like that you can vent without fear of being censored, even if it annoys some folks. I like that this site is so open and friendly that even your biggest critics feel comfortable posting here!

-Ray
Old 01-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #28
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve

Well in order for the gallery to be easier to search it would be up to people to organize their pictures and tag them too.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote