Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2007, 10:24 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Re: Let's give Arky the boot!

I tried to go to the other site once... it's way complicated, I didn't even post anything. I tried to upload a few photos but was limited to how many I could.

Funny if his is the BEST skoolie site what is he doing here? Seems if it were so great he'd have never even stumbled upon this post. Hell if there was a post bashing us on his site I'd never know it.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:27 PM   #22
Bus Geek

i didn't realize that i was gonna open such a can of worms...........

this has to be the most unfriendly thread on skoolie.net
Old 08-13-2007, 10:34 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementw
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat
with over 2800 members !
500 of wich are apperently being dropped for bouncing email for months. I would not be surpriced if a large portion of the rest set their accounts to "no email/web only" and forgot about it. For a list that is suposed to have that many there are very few that talk. I wonder why????
I'm probably one of those since I have it set to "no email." If they were going to require that you receive e-mails from mods they should have said so initially.

And Jason...I wouldn't worry about it. The troll is butthurt because no matter how many times he says it (misspellings and caps be damned) he does not have the best skoolie site around according to an awful lot of people.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:14 PM   #24
Bus Nut

Wow... so I just tried to log onto the best skoolie site on earth just now... ya know the original one... and this is the message I got...

You have been banned from this group by the group moderator (Yahoo! ID banned: phillbus914). You may not join the group SchoolBUSconversioNUTS.

Apparently you don't even have to post anything on that site to be banned... I'd like to know what grounds I was banned on?

I think we all know...

ha ha ha, so that's the best skoolie site for ya. You get banned for no reason.

Wow! That is a nice feature....
Old 08-13-2007, 11:57 PM   #25
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Rated Cap: 14

Must have banned all user names registered on skoolie.net. That would mean the arky person or who ever would have to ban himself too right?

When I was looking years back for a skoolie conversion site I did see this one and the yahoo one but when I looked at the yahoo one and saw that I'd have to join the group first before seeing the message boards I thought to myself forget it and only saved the link for this one which at the time was http://bus.lonepilot.com/. Yes I've been around a while lurking just didn't register right away. It was this site that got me interested and any ideas I came up with I didn't get from a yahoo group which is too cheap to put any money up for a site that is half as good as this one. I do take offence to being called a troll or a newbie that doesn't know any better cause I never even looked passt the main page on the yahoo site. That alone makes whodat a idiot which in my opinion is probably arky himself but I don't care because they must really be desperate for more users other wise they wouldn't come here to get try and get a few.
wmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:49 PM   #26
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver
Delete it. Completely. We can forget about Arky and his kind, we have us and our kind... Why think twice about someone/thing not worth the effort?

The problem with that is, then we're no different than his site... and obviously there's some interest in expressing our anger towards this guy.

I do agree fully that this thread is not in the friendly spirit of skoolie.

hummmm what to do, what to do...
Old 08-15-2007, 12:18 AM   #27
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve

Here is the policy I have told the mods to never delete anything but instead move it and decide later what to do. Obviously if it is spam then it will shortly after be deleted. The problem with this one is that it is spam using social engineering. Arky reduntantly posted links in his posts and is filling the Internet with his trash.

Not only is he posting everywhere he can that he invented the term skoolie. I can keep going but this is pointless, all I want to do is help people find information that will help them on their adventure into bus conversions and this topic has been nothing but stress trying to decide what to do.

I do not have a problem with him posting a link but there is no reason to post it like that and a link to a members only page is far from useful.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:58 AM   #28
Bus Nut

Yeah that's a good point... Him posting links to his site is spam... the worst kind of spam ever created. ha ha

Funny thing is, none of us can even read anything on his site anyway. We're all banned. Who's he posting it for anyway? ha!

It's also amusing that he boasts his number of users, when you can't even view posts there without signing up. I bet a good majority of his "users" only signed up to see what was on his board & never returned. That's what I did.

I'd bet that 1/2 of the traffic on this site is from browsers, who are not "members" which would make this site THE BIGGEST AND BADDEST ASS'ED SKOOLIE..uh IST SITE ON EARTH!

If you want to take this thread down based on that (the spaming) I'm behind you 100% & that'd be nothing compared to what he does over there.... At least I think... I don't know since I'm banned...

I'm sorry for thinking that you had a different reason for removing this.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:40 AM   #29
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve

whodat is Arky, if you remember he was spamming hundreds of our members through the private message feature about his site when they signed up here. See topic: Holy Cow!
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:41 AM   #30
Bus Nut

Poor Arky having somebody like Whodat as an Public relation rep. This Whodat guy is doing poor Arky more damage then good.
However that aside, there is some useful information on Arky's site, the problem is finding it. But if you have time eventually after reading through a few hunderd posts you find something useful. Most time for me the useful thing found is on a total different topic then I actualy was looking for, but never the less I did find something useable.
I never asked any questions yet on his site just because I do not like questions are answered.
It seems that traffic on his site is on a downward trend (whos surprised by that advertisement)
Quote:
Message History
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2007 95 92 142 59 71 133 98 48
2006 248 189 188 251 173 114 164 156 146 311 301 88
2005 398 275 458 251 315
swinada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:16 AM   #31
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinada
Quote:
Message History
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2007 95 92 142 59 71 133 98 48
2006 248 189 188 251 173 114 164 156 146 311 301 88
2005 398 275 458 251 315
Old 08-17-2007, 12:17 PM   #32
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66

Hey, c'mon, even rats know when to desert a ship!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:07 PM   #33
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77

Hey, Mac, can I borrow three of them, please? I ran out of cat food.

(Sorry...I had to...please stop throwing random bus parts at me...)

I'm not sure to this day why I was banned from Arky's group. Who peed in his cornflakes, anyway?
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:47 AM   #34
Skoolie

Year: 90
Coachwork: blue bird
Engine: Navistar Straight 6 Turbo
Rated Cap: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat
how pathetic this forum is. the truth is steve lapeer stole the name from arkie. go look at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/skoolie and notice the date it was created. now look at the date skoolie.net was created. you'll notice that arky coined the term skoolie several months BEFORE lapeer stole it for this group. and another truth is....almost every skoolie here was built on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/schoolbusconversionuts BEFORE they ever came here. and another TRUTH is check ANYTHING really informative posted here and then go search for it on nuts and you'll see it ALL came from there. schoolbusconversionuts is the MOTHER of the skoolie movement and ALL skoolie groups. and thats a FACT. also search thier messages for authors name ANY ONE HERE and you'll see the TRUTH. gonecamping was irv2gonecamping there. all you so called experts here were booted from there because they are full of crap. one of your members recently wrote that the only reason skoolie.net exists is for a place for the booted assholes to go. THATS about the only original/true thing i've read here. you remind me of a banty chicken(****) all fluffed up to feel like they are really all that. schoolbusconversionuts has gained more members in the last year than skoolie.net has in total.even though skoolienet is populated by a buncha professional trolls that paper the internet with it's link and even though it comes up first in search engines. all you are is a buncha IT's ( internet technicians), TROLLS, dumbasses who can't even figure out what ARCHIVES are even after it bieng explained in detail, PHONIES who want to be gurus but can't there because everyone knows the TRUTH, mouthy bitches who want a chatroom, KNOW NOTHINGS who never actually answer the questions pointedly and people who want to control how others speak. i've read many of you bitch out arkie at length and get it posted. lets see if this gets posted for very long. this group WAS, IS and will ALWAYS BE a SAD hollow shadow copycat group of schoolbusconversionuts that misleads/misinforms newbies. you are sooooo sad!
attn: NEWBIES goto schoolbusconversionuts. with over 2800 members it's the largest. at seven years old it's the ORIGINAL. with a HUGH HOW-TO archive and over 23,000 ON SUBJECT postings and 170 photo albums it's the BEST place to learn how to build your skoolie fro THEM THATS DOING ( not them that learned it there) it's the REAL THING!
OK, here's the two cents worth from someone who doesn't know who "Arky" is, doesn't care , and can't even find his site.
When I google school bus conversions, this site comes up. I am not an "Internet technician" I can barely navigate the net. Don't know what you mean when you say "Troll", but where I come from, you'd probably get your ass handed to you for being so rude as to call someone that with out knowing them personally.

That's what I'm not.

What I am is a guy who spent 20 years in the army, moving from place to place to defend this country so ass wipes like you could blow yourself up and puff like a little fish because you feel you thought up something first. All I want now is to learn how to build a safe, reliable skoolie to take my family around this great nation in.
I don't give a rats ass who thought it up first, I just know that on this site I have NEVER been told I am stupid because of the questions I ask. I haven't even found one message that was meant to degrade or talk down to anyone here. And I dam sure have learned a lot from every thing I have seen here. Do I really care where the term "Skoolie came from? Not even a little bit, cuz I know where it is.
If i am able to ever find your site, I will read thru the archives, get what information from them that i can, and leave you to your childish little games. I don't have the time left in my life to deal with that kind of crap.

Just my opinion.
in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
newbusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #35
Bus Nut

I tried using both websites, this one and Arkys. I visited Arkys website 3 or 4 times and never went back again. This website is so much easier to use then that out dated message board system at Yahoo that it's not even comparable. Steve keeps this site cleaned up and running well. The community here is also second to none, well informed and friendly, I have never seen anyone here jump someone over asking a question. This is a fun place with some very helpful and knowledgeable folks and I find myself visiting skoolie.net on a daily basis.
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:19 PM   #36
Bus Nut

Caution, This post has Adult Language and is probably not safe for kids or Work...

There are at least two definitions for Noob/Newb...

Might as well add Squeaker... It fits to the conversation...

Adding Teabagging. It was being used back in 2006, so I think its the rightful use of the term.
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #37
Skoolie

Year: 90
Coachwork: blue bird
Engine: Navistar Straight 6 Turbo
Rated Cap: 65

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's some of the funniest stuff i think I've ever seen!!

The laughter just goes on and on!
in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain
newbusser is offline   Reply With Quote