Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2004, 08:49 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Let's give Arky the boot!

Fed up with information repression on the Yahoo group "schoolbusconversionnuts"?

Sick and tired of the threats to boot people for disagreeing with the foolish arkansascajun?

He's been violating Yahoo's terms of service. He's been defamatory, vulgar, libelous, and hateful, all violations. I just filled out a complaint form against him, and you can too. The website is:http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/groups/cgi_abuse

Just go there and fill out the form.

Lets all have some fun giving arkansascajun the boot!!!

I've also started a new group "freeskoolieconversions", but nothing there yet. Skoolie.net is a much better resource than arky's, but the email list form is preferred by some.

Old 11-24-2005, 08:01 PM   #2
Bus Geek

I actually wanted to post this on a different topic...but i couldn't seem to find it. I thought we had one called "The Other Site"

anyhow..

i found this while searching another bus site. Arky talking about a new skoolie site he's created.

Quote:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/schoolbusconversionuts
GREASEBUS ( new site)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/greasebus
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: SKOOLIE and GREASEBUS resources Andy 10-15-05
You going to run everyone out of that group too?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: SKOOLIE and GREASEBUS resources steve 10-31-05
No i only ban TROLLS! we are the ORIGINAL skoolie group. we are the LARGEST skoolie group.we are the best skoolie group. precisely BECAUSE we ban TROLLS.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:09 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77
That won't get the whole group deleted, will it?

PS--Who peed in Arky's cornflakes, anyway? To this day, I don't know why he banned me.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 08:18 PM   #4
Bus Geek

he banned me too... i think i dared to disagreed with him on a post.

I used to go back and visit under a different id, but have not been on his site in several months.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:23 PM   #5
Bus Nut

I checked out that site and signed up. I looked around for awhile and never went back. Not a fun place. This is supposed to be fun!!!!!
bdavis441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 02:38 AM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8
Guys, I'm not defending Arky but I do defend the group. There were a lot of people that put a lot of work in the group and I would hate to see all of that work go to waste.

That said, I have found that Arky has calmed down a bit. Maybe he's seen the errors of his ways.

IMHO, I still think the group is a good one (I've learned a lot for it) and it would be a shame to see die.

Robert

P.S. Now I'll probably get banned also.
Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 12:37 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Hey Macgyver it is good to see a post from you again. I was wondering where you had gone. Have ya been able to do anything on your bus yet?
busone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 04:31 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by busone
Hey Macgyver it is good to see a post from you again. I was wondering where you had gone. Have ya been able to do anything on your bus yet?

that post of his is dated sept of 2004

I would like to hear from him too. I think he went off to Iraq as a contractor....that's the last i remember him saying.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:52 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Aww crap, the one time I reply to something and don't check the date. Talk about a brain fart .

Last time I talked to him he said the Iraq contract fell through and he was looking for work locally. Maybe he is busy working on his bus.
busone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 08:25 AM   #10
Bus Geek

i am quite jealous of that huge 60 footer of his. It's not a practicle vehicle for me...but it sure is cool. I partied inside one of those last spring. I can't believe how huge it is. IT's twice as long as my skoolie, has way more head room inside, and is wider.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:15 PM   #11
Bus Geek

Re: Let's give Arky the boot!

someone asked me what was the name of that crazy cajun guy....so i started looking for his site which i haven't been on in a long long time. I couldn't find it. After searching for a long time, i'm prett ysure he changed the name. I know it used to be something related to bus conversion nuts ......looks like it's new name on yahoo groups is....are ya ready for this:

skoolie

sounds like he must be a little jealous if he's stealing the name of this site.

"skoolie · ORIGINAL, LARGEST skoolie group. "
Old 08-13-2007, 12:25 PM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

how pathetic this forum is. the truth is steve lapeer stole the name from arkie. go look at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/skoolie and notice the date it was created. now look at the date skoolie.net was created. you'll notice that arky coined the term skoolie several months BEFORE lapeer stole it for this group. and another truth is....almost every skoolie here was built on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/schoolbusconversionuts BEFORE they ever came here. and another TRUTH is check ANYTHING really informative posted here and then go search for it on nuts and you'll see it ALL came from there. schoolbusconversionuts is the MOTHER of the skoolie movement and ALL skoolie groups. and thats a FACT. also search thier messages for authors name ANY ONE HERE and you'll see the TRUTH. gonecamping was irv2gonecamping there. all you so called experts here were booted from there because they are full of crap. one of your members recently wrote that the only reason skoolie.net exists is for a place for the booted assholes to go. THATS about the only original/true thing i've read here. you remind me of a banty chicken(****) all fluffed up to feel like they are really all that. schoolbusconversionuts has gained more members in the last year than skoolie.net has in total.even though skoolienet is populated by a buncha professional trolls that paper the internet with it's link and even though it comes up first in search engines. all you are is a buncha IT's ( internet technicians), TROLLS, dumbasses who can't even figure out what ARCHIVES are even after it bieng explained in detail, PHONIES who want to be gurus but can't there because everyone knows the TRUTH, mouthy bitches who want a chatroom, KNOW NOTHINGS who never actually answer the questions pointedly and people who want to control how others speak. i've read many of you bitch out arkie at length and get it posted. lets see if this gets posted for very long. this group WAS, IS and will ALWAYS BE a SAD hollow shadow copycat group of schoolbusconversionuts that misleads/misinforms newbies. you are sooooo sad!
attn: NEWBIES goto schoolbusconversionuts. with over 2800 members it's the largest. at seven years old it's the ORIGINAL. with a HUGH HOW-TO archive and over 23,000 ON SUBJECT postings and 170 photo albums it's the BEST place to learn how to build your skoolie fro THEM THATS DOING ( not them that learned it there) it's the REAL THING!
whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

you're a perfect example of the dumbasses in this group. arkie did coin SKOOLIE dipshit! before that they were called SCHOOLIES DUHHHH! look at the dates ASSHOLE. google the term DUUHHH! and there were a lot of skoolies around before arkie started the movement. but there was NO MOVEMENT before he did it. DUHHHH! but you're too frikken dumb to grasp the difference. before he started the movement no one would even talk to a skoolie owner on bbs's. and not to mention all the lies the BUSNUTS told about skoolies to repress them. like you can't get insurance for them etc.etc. DUHHH!which he SINGLEHANDEDLY CHANGED FOOL! the truth will OUT. i ain't trying to win you over. i'm only trying to lead newbies to where the TRUTH is. so they can get advice from the REAL skoolies not the phonies. funny you didn't attempt to shoot your mouth off about how lapeer stole the name after you shot your mouth off about how arkie stole it from here. the truth hurts huh? and FACTS are FACTS. you couldn't find your ass with both hands. but you do shoot your mouth off real good. BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:53 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

ooops. i'm sorry i made a mistatement. i meant before arkie coined the term SKOOLIE they were called SCOOLIES because it was a derivitive of it's cool bus and all the hippies blocked out the H in school bus over the windshield ( and still do). one final thing.... YOU started the flaming. i never would have said a word if lapeer hadn't insinuated arkie stole the group name skoolie and if you hadn't shot off your mouth. but hey whats the TRUTH got to do with anything? buncha PHONIES!
Old 08-13-2007, 04:23 PM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

for all you discerning folks heres the facts. arkie started http://groups.yahoo.com/group/schoolbusconversionuts on april 18, 2001 it was the FIRST internet group dedicated to skoolies only. after he came up with the name SKOOLIE he started http://groups.yahoo.com/group/skoolie on may 27, 2001. all you have to do is go there and see the dates on the left sidebar. after they grew to several hundred members steve and jason and another TROLL started a flame war ( thats what TROLLS DO ) amongst themselves in order to cause dissension which they fixed by starting skoolie.net on july 15, 2002 drawing away nearly 100 of our members who didn't realize what was actually happening. the TRUTH is there for everyone to see. theres no way around it! and to set the record straight to you KNOW NOTHINGS who are shooting off your mouth..... it's YOUR members who cut and paste fro OUR sites. all anyone has to do is go see which came first. theres no way to retrodate anything! pick ANY info, or link etc. from here and go search our messages and you'll SEE where it all comes from.
the difference between real folks and PHONIES is this. PHONIES think whatever they write is the truth.... as long as they say it nicely and use spellcheck/grammarcheck. on the other hand real folks talk like real people and TELL THE TRUTH!
it's PLAIN to see who's who! go see for yourselves! so if all thats important to you is talking nice then by all means get your skoolie advise here. and build a piece of ****. but if you can discern the TRUTH then goto http://groups.yahoo.com/group/schoolbusconversionuts where ALL the REAL experts are and build yourself a safe skoolie, efficiently. like nearly ALL the members here have done.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:02 PM   #16
Mini-Skoolie

you can't go right duhhhh. cause you got **** for brains. the rest of you consider this.... 24% of all posts here are by the moderators. on nuts it's 2%. and ALL our posts are on subject. no mouthy bitches of either gender cluttering up the board. we average 300 postings monthly by average 75 DIFFERENT members. here you only get a handfull of postings, most off subject by a handfull of phonie "potentates" who are basicly LIARS. soooo i ain't trying to get anyone "back". i'm only trying to get through to newbies who may not know THERES MORE TO THIS THAN MEETS THE EYE!
Old 08-13-2007, 05:15 PM   #17
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Thank you for proving our point by making an ass of yourself.

Also, since you seem to have some difficulty with math let's look at this together.

Steve-7.47% of posts
Jason-8.47% of posts
Les-2.53% of posts

Now Steve is technically an administrator as this is his site (not a yahoo group) so we really shouldn't count him as a mod, but lets do that just for the heck of it.

So what percentage of the posts come from mods+admins? 18.47% over the entire course of the site's run. That is a fry cry from 24% when you consider the number of posts on this board. Furthermore, there is little need for moderators since this is a friendly site. Sure, there is some off topic chit-chat. Is that a bad thing? Not at all! It makes us more of a cohesive group. Not every post needs to be tech related. For those that want nothing but tech there is Arky's site. For anyone else that wants a pleasant environment where chit chat is allowed, there is a massive collection of people from all walks of life with all kinds of experience, and all the tech a person could want there is this site.

For the record, I started at Arkie's site and came here after I couldn't tolerate his site. It took me perhaps 3 days to come to that conclusion. Here is a rundown of why I disliked his site.

1. Personal opinions are not allowed. You must do things in the method the powers that be feel you should.

2. The search function is impossible. It's not Arkie's fault...it is the fault of yahoo...but nevertheless it sucks. Steve has done a nice job here making information very easy to find.

3. This is a relaxed, friendly environment. It's ok to have a thread totally unrelated to school bus conversions. The knowledge base here is huge and isn't limited to bus information. Furthermore, people here have a sense of humor, something not found on the yahoo group.

4. The site just plain keeps getting better. Our mods and admins are not untouchable gods. For instance, when the site was redone previous to this revision and several of us asked for a way into the forums without going through the front page Steve gave us a backdoor. He makes the site work for us. When we try to get him to accept some support he refuses. In Arkie's site you don't even have that option as any suggestion will result in being labelled a troll and being banned.

5. The grammar and spelling on this site does exist. We are all human, but run-on sentences, grammatical errors, overuse of caps, and spelling so terrible that I cannot figure out what the word is supposed to be makes reading very difficult. I don't want try and figure out what someone is saying just to figure out if the post is relevant. The combination of a poor search engine and pitiful English makes the archieves impossible to use.

So...there are constant complaints of trolls on that site. How did you end up here making inflamitory remarks? Wouldn't that make you the epitome of a troll? Feel free to badmouth us on that site. We will say our mind on this site. Your efforts are not going to change the fact that I (and many others) feel this is the greatest school bus conversion (and more!) site out there.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #18

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 454
Rated Cap: 71

I have never been to the other site, and WOW...... after reading this, I won't ever.
Kand454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #19
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66

. . .
Old 08-13-2007, 08:52 PM   #20
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kand454
I have never been to the other site, and WOW...... after reading this, I won't ever.

I agree
behappystupi is offline   Reply With Quote