Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2018, 12:21 PM   #1
Site Team

Login Change - e-mail address to login

This week as you login you will be prompted to use your e-mail address and password instead of your username and password. This change is being made for a number of reasons.

The biggest reason has to do with the forum being part of the RV Life family of sites. Many of us have accounts at other RV Life sites, specifically campgroundreviews.com. In time you will be able to login to the forum as well as other RV Life sites where you have accounts with the same login, simplifying things substantially.

We hope to have an enhanced mobile app available as well that will allow you to read and post on multiple RV Life sites where you have registered an account if you desire, although this is not yet fully developed.

Some other reasons:
  • Username logins were case sensitive and often had punctuation that could be miskeyed or forgotten and has been a regular cause of login trouble.
  • It's easier to remember your e-mail address then username for most folks.
  • E-mail address are not visible on the forum but usernames (half of the login combo) are and so there is a little better account security.
  • Your username will remain unchanged and display as usual next to your posts.

If you have trouble logging in with your e-mail address instead of username there will be some prompts on the login screen to help you and a link to update your email address if needed. This change will not affect Tapatalk logins.

Thanks in advance for your patience with these changes - we're working hard to improve security and keep the site easy to use.

Old 12-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
This week as you login you will be prompted to use your e-mail address and password instead of your username and password. This change is being made for a number of reasons.

The biggest reason has to do with the forum being part of the RV Life family of sites. Many of us have accounts at other RV Life sites, specifically campgroundreviews.com. In time you will be able to login to the forum as well as other RV Life sites where you have accounts with the same login, simplifying things substantially.

We hope to have an enhanced mobile app available as well that will allow you to read and post on multiple RV Life sites where you have registered an account if you desire, although this is not yet fully developed.

Some other reasons:
  • Username logins were case sensitive and often had punctuation that could be miskeyed or forgotten and has been a regular cause of login trouble.
  • It's easier to remember your e-mail address then username for most folks.
  • E-mail address are not visible on the forum but usernames (half of the login combo) are and so there is a little better account security.
  • Your username will remain unchanged and display as usual next to your posts.

If you have trouble logging in with your e-mail address instead of username there will be some prompts on the login screen to help you and a link to update your email address if needed. This change will not affect Tapatalk logins.

Thanks in advance for your patience with these changes - we're working hard to improve security and keep the site easy to use.

is it also supposed to automatically log me out each time? i alwaysd enjoyed the fact that clicking the remember me button kept me logged in virtually forever.. I noticed that even though I use the remember button its been asking me each time today to log in... when im on my Mac this isnt a big deal as I can store in the browser.. however when im using my phone this makes things cumbersome as the iPhone keyboard is less than intuitive about logging in using email addresses... I hope its just a glitch and I dont have to log in each time i visit.. that would make this nearly unusable for me
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 03:25 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
is it also supposed to automatically log me out each time? i alwaysd enjoyed the fact that clicking the remember me button kept me logged in virtually forever.. I noticed that even though I use the remember button its been asking me each time today to log in... when im on my Mac this isnt a big deal as I can store in the browser.. however when im using my phone this makes things cumbersome as the iPhone keyboard is less than intuitive about logging in using email addresses... I hope its just a glitch and I dont have to log in each time i visit.. that would make this nearly unusable for me
-Christopher
After logging in with my Email I checked the "keep me logged in" option and when I leave and come back it logs me in automatically. This is on a Macbook Pro.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:03 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

You say "this week". Will this last for a week only, or is this the "new normal" TIA
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:23 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
had to clear my browser cache now the stay logged in feature is working for me once again like it used to
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:35 AM   #6
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Working fine for me.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:08 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-fox View Post
You say "this week". Will this last for a week only, or is this the "new normal" TIA
Welcome to the new normal
Old 01-04-2019, 12:39 AM   #8
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
So where can I locate the "keep me logged in" button?
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:50 AM   #9
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
So where can I locate the "keep me logged in" button?
There should be a box to check on the log in page , just under your log in info.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:52 PM   #10
Bus Geek

Thank you. Today I believe I found it ... the "Remember me?" box.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:15 AM   #11
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Thank you. Today I believe I found it ... the "Remember me?" box.
that is correct
Old 01-09-2019, 04:00 PM   #12

The login page still refers to username rather than email address - this confused me today. It doesn't help that this announcement box is only visible once you're logged in!
iMacThere4iAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:53 PM   #13

The remember me option using the "Remember me" checkbox still does not work for me. It stopped working when we switched over from using Username to Email to log in. I have tried clearing cache several times, but that has not worked. Any recommendations on what to try to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:50 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
The remember me option using the "Remember me" checkbox still does not work for me. It stopped working when we switched over from using Username to Email to log in. I have tried clearing cache several times, but that has not worked. Any recommendations on what to try to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Make sure you are allowing cookie exchange with the site. we use cookies to keep you logged in at page changes...
Old 04-16-2019, 10:46 PM   #15
Bus Geek

Janet, is there something that happens on the servers at about quarter to the hour? I notice the servers not responding from time to time, especially near 22:45, 23:45, 00:45, 01:45, and 02:45 (CST).
Old 04-17-2019, 04:05 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Janet, is there something that happens on the servers at about quarter to the hour? I notice the servers not responding from time to time, especially near 22:45, 23:45, 00:45, 01:45, and 02:45 (CST).

Not that I am aware but slow downs could be caused in a lot of places between the server and your screen.. your provider, routing or a variety of other issues.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:42 AM   #17
Bus Geek

Quote:
Not that I am aware but slow downs could be caused in a lot of places between the server and your screen.. your provider, routing or a variety of other issues.

Fair enough, just thought I would let you know what I have been experiencing.

Note: During these outage times, I can reach any other site I have tried.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Make sure you are allowing cookie exchange with the site. we use cookies to keep you logged in at page changes...
Hello, Janet.

Thank you for replying back. I have always allowed cookiesfor this site on my browser. I just verified to make sure cookies are still accepted and they are. Here is a screenshot of what my Firefox shows for cookies for this site.

Click image for larger version

Name:	skoolie.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	32011

Is there anything else I should check?

Thanks.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #19

The forum is STILL asking me to log in every time I close my browser and come back. The keep me logged in checkbox does not work.

Can someone fix this?
Old 07-02-2019, 09:35 PM   #20

Brake Wiring

Does anyone know where I can find a service manual , I have looked in Amazon, bus groups, Ebay. 1995-1996 International 3800 series
Gypsyred is offline   Reply With Quote