Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2017, 06:41 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
New member statistics

I see a lot of new members sign up daily, weekly, and monthly.
Are there any statistics to our amount of growth? I've seen days where we have four or five new members sign up in one day.

Just wondering if there's a pie chart, line graph, etc... I think it might be interesting to see what time of year is our largest growth, smallest growth, etc.
Did we get more members during an election year? Or less?

I try to promote our site to anyone that'll listen

Old 12-04-2020, 11:30 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: GMC
Chassis: Bluebird 24'
Engine: 6.2 GMC Diesel
Rated Cap: 10,000
I’m also very interested, but more in overall numbers of skoolies the US...considering doing my Geography Thesis on the Skoolie movement...any direction greatly appreciated!
mymincave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 07:39 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
I am not sure that is a good thing..more people will do good for the owners add revenue but not very good on the quality of the posts.. I have the impression that a lot of the old timers are fading out by the onslaught of excited newbie questions that have no clue and are not willing to take time to do research..

I see a lot..I made the decision that... And less "I would like to , is that feasible"

The other thing that enables the over and over same question again is that this site does a very poor job of searching and labeling..

For example there are many people that have done floor heating as part of their build without making it a separate thread.. with the result that these people ..or better their floor heat experience do not show up easy in a search " floor heating"

Another funny thing is that the random picture albums displayed when opening the site favors the people who just made separate albums for each part of a project.. three photos in album ..and then a new album

Others put all there photos in one album that give a much better overview of the progress of the build but a result that these albums do not get promoted.

Ultimately I think this site will fail after the laws and regulations will tighten up around the diy non regulated vehicle builds after a couple of bad ending accidents or just simply because were allowed to do what we want as long as it is obscure... With many more we will get in highlight with known outcome.

Johan
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:22 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Integrated Coach Corp.
Chassis: RE-300 42ft
Engine: 466ci
Rated Cap: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymincave View Post
I’m also very interested, but more in overall numbers of skoolies the US...considering doing my Geography Thesis on the Skoolie movement...any direction greatly appreciated!
(3 y/o thread)
A statistical exposure of the 'underground railroad' will provide the evidence legislators require to alter the road to freedom for thousands. Also, one person may get a passing grade.
DeMac is offline   Reply With Quote