Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-14-2018, 12:35 PM   #1
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 275
Unhappy Pics uploaded to Skoolie aren't showing up.

Pics posted directly to the forum are not showing up for me. Clicking on the bar to show larger doesn't help either. I am wondering if it is a browser setting that I have overlooked. I disabled my adblockers for Skoolie.

I am using Firefox 57.0.4. I also have the extension that allows viewing Photobucket hosted pics that have been disabled by PB. I have no problems viewing those or other 3rd party hosted pics.

I have a feeling Janet will be here to rescue me again.

Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot-2018-1-14 Nobody 's Business.png (130.6 KB, 14 views)
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:34 PM   #2
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 275
It's a browser problem on Linux systems causing pics to not show up.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:38 PM   #3
Bus Crazy
 
joeblack5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: pa
Posts: 1,502
Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford e350 2 mercedes
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
don't you hate that, you are doing the right thing but forces beyond you control are conspiring against you .. and so you are sucked back in.
If you find a solution let me know.

later J
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:15 PM   #4
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 1,081
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Get Tapatalk app on your phone... it's as easy as uploading pics on Facebook.
Sandi
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:40 AM   #5
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 275
My fix is to use the browser I dislike the most, Chrome, to view the forum.


Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack5 View Post
don't you hate that, you are doing the right thing but forces beyond you control are conspiring against you .. and so you are sucked back in.
If you find a solution let me know.

later J
It's frustrating for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWoman View Post
Get Tapatalk app on your phone... it's as easy as uploading pics on Facebook.
Sandi
This isn't a post about uploading pics. I have flickr for that. I can't see pics that have been uploaded to the forum by other members. It a Firefox on Linux issue.

I hate tapatalk. It's a pain to keep up with threads and when I get a new post notification it takes me to the thread instead of where the new post is in the thread. With email notifications I can go right to the new post. That doesn't happen on my phone with email or using tapatalk. I'm a stickler for seamless moves through the forums.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:43 AM   #6
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 2,627
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post

I hate tapatalk. It's a pain to keep up with threads and when I get a new post notification it takes me to the thread instead of where the new post is in the thread. With email notifications I can go right to the new post. That doesn't happen on my phone with email or using tapatalk. I'm a stickler for seamless moves through the forums.
Tend to agree. When I use my phone, I use the full site view.
__________________
Steve Bracken

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:47 AM   #7
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg View Post
Tend to agree. When I use my phone, I use the full site view.
....
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:12 PM   #8
Bus Crazy
 
joeblack5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: pa
Posts: 1,502
Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford e350 2 mercedes
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
ben,

i use firefox 57.04. no problems here. I upload my pictures to the skoolie photo album and copy from there into the post.

later J
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:24 AM   #9
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack5 View Post
ben,

i use firefox 57.04. no problems here. I upload my pictures to the skoolie photo album and copy from there into the post.

later J
I am not having problems uploading pics. My problem is viewing pics that other member's upload to their threads or posts. Check my first post for a pic showing the problem. When I click the bar to view the pic, nothing happens. It seems to be a problem for Firefox running on Linux. Other computers I have tried show up as normal. My computer is the only one running Linux. It's the only thing that could be causing the issue.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:02 PM   #10
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Posts: 668
Year: 1999
Coachwork: New Flyer
Chassis: D45HF "Viking"
Engine: 11.1L Detroit Diesel S60
Rated Cap: 51,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
I am not having problems uploading pics. My problem is viewing pics that other member's upload to their threads or posts. Check my first post for a pic showing the problem. When I click the bar to view the pic, nothing happens. It seems to be a problem for Firefox running on Linux. Other computers I have tried show up as normal. My computer is the only one running Linux. It's the only thing that could be causing the issue.
Do you have a javascript disabler like "NoScript" running?
MarkyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:04 PM   #11
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Posts: 668
Year: 1999
Coachwork: New Flyer
Chassis: D45HF "Viking"
Engine: 11.1L Detroit Diesel S60
Rated Cap: 51,600
BTW, I use Firefox on Linux (Kubuntu 16.04 specifically) and Android, along with "HTTPS Everywhere" and "NoScript" (on all) and don't have a problem seeing pics.
MarkyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:02 PM   #12
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyDee View Post
Do you have a javascript disabler like "NoScript" running?
No. I have nothing to stop Javascript from running. I had to check to be sure it isn't allowed by default in this newer version of Firefox. Was a good thought.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:29 PM   #13
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 275
Now I can't hotlink a pic to a forum post in Chrome or FF. The link is there with the proper IMG code but the pic doesn't show up.




There should be a pic right above this.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #14
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 7,841
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Now I can't hotlink a pic to a forum post in Chrome or FF. The link is there with the proper IMG code but the pic doesn't show up.




There should be a pic right above this.
No pic, but a GIF
o1marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:41 PM   #15
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
No pic, but a GIF
Yes a gif. Is it showing for you?
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:44 PM   #16
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 7,841
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Yes a gif. Is it showing for you?
How would I now it's a gif if I couldn't see it?
Newman shrugging.
o1marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:49 PM   #17
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
How would I now it's a gif if I couldn't see it?
Newman shrugging.
Sometimes the code shows up but no pic or gif.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:52 PM   #18
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 275
I just switched from Chrome browser to Firefox and it shows up. This is getting frustrating.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:54 PM   #19
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 7,841
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Sometimes the code shows up but no pic or gif.
Are you having issues seeing it on a PC or lap top, or on a pad or tablet?
I've noticed others here posting links to pics or site, but the links aren't live.
o1marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:00 PM   #20
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 275
I still can see pics that are directly uploaded to the forum.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×