Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
Registering with skoolie.net [GMAIL, Hotmail, etc]

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDsBus
So my questions are thus:
1) Is there some reason that Skoolie.net won't accept google email addresses?
2) Another user here suggested changing addresses after successful registration was accomplished. But if gmail addresses aren't allowed (for whatever reason).... then wouldn't a change to a gmail address (after the fact) be a somewhat subversive act?

1) Google is a bunch of jerks, they let anybody register a gmail email address without qualifying that the person is a real person. Therefor 80% of the spam comes from gmail addresses and on a board the size of this one that could mean 200 spams to the board (which have to be cleared manually by humans) per day.

2) No you cannot change to a gmail address yourself, this requires an administrator (aka me) to manually put in your email via the SQL database for your account. A spammer cannot get this accomplished without first spending time pretending to be a skoolie. If you would like to use your gmail address, send me a PM letting me know what email you want to use and I will change it.

Steve is offline   Reply With Quote