Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 8.3 cummins
Rated Cap: 11 window
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
does anyone still talk on CB?
Yes. Lots of us out here. Got one in the bus and a rig at home that i use to talk all over the country with. I can get to England On a good night of skip
Old 10-18-2016, 10:02 AM   #62
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummings Turbo 5.9 liter
Rated Cap: 72 Passengers:30,000 GVW
Good on you Alley Cat! My only question is why it is divided into regions? I personally would like to know what's happening with the entire community without having to click on each region. As has been mentioned this is a small but interesting group of renegades and it just seems time wasteful to segregate into regions. This is solely my humble opinion and I will abide by majority rule. Have Skoolie, will travel. Isn't that the point? Well let me clarify, it is my point.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:08 AM   #63
Mini-Skoolie

Good to meet you WanderWoman. Now hopefully I won't be alone in the HE MAN WOMAN HATERS CLUB.
Of course as women we can change or at least open the minds of haters...on anything.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:11 AM   #64
Mini-Skoolie

A question I ve recently asked, Christopher. I owned a trucking company years ago and couldn't stand CBS then. All I can say after listening to the exact idiotic language that was posted here is....I hope the CB has gone the fate as eight tract tapes.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:17 AM   #65
Mini-Skoolie

Not quite sure I get this post. What is the other side? I m very happy being single and the only way I would ever get married again is to find some ol fart with one foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel with a sheet load of dough and no heirs. Do you qualify? If so....you can pm me asap.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:18 AM   #66
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I like the idea of being able to not have to click on regions.. but i do venture to say that im guessing quite a few skoolies do travel regional...

I dont think im the only one who feels a tad bit of anxiety when thinking about crossing the rockies...

granted, maybe seeing it all national would compel me and others to make a trip across the rockies in a bus... as opposed to staying regional like I tend to do now..

as for a CB? well I think I'll let it go the way of the 8-track and not put one in either bus...

I think I'll use that spot for a kickass Stereo...
-Christopher
Old 10-18-2016, 10:22 AM   #67
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
That's simple... Open both doors and put a gang plank between them!
Problem solved, easy peasy
Are you kidding? If I was dumb enough to ever marry again I would require separate living arrangements. Two Skoolies sounds like heaven! I mean think on this....you would never be in the dog house again and you can just drive off into the sunset already packed. No lawyers involved. Beautiful!
Old 10-18-2016, 10:23 AM   #68
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: BB
Engine: Cummins
Rated Cap: 25.999K
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
No, not really.
Tuckers bantering about lot lizards is about all I've heard in a long time. And a few sketchy conversations in spanish.
Agreed. All the conversations I've heard via CB have been exactly that. How's the HAM radio scene? I know my ex brother in-law still nerds out with his. I signed up for a class once but it fell through, and I believe there is still a HAM system in my grandad's garage.....
Old 10-18-2016, 10:33 AM   #69
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I like the idea of being able to not have to click on regions.. but i do venture to say that im guessing quite a few skoolies do travel regional...

I dont think im the only one who feels a tad bit of anxiety when thinking about crossing the rockies...

granted, maybe seeing it all national would compel me and others to make a trip across the rockies in a bus... as opposed to staying regional like I tend to do now..

as for a CB? well I think I'll let it go the way of the 8-track and not put one in either bus...

I think I'll use that spot for a kickass Stereo...
-Christopher
Christopher I ve been over the Rockies in a semi truck hauling a forty foot flatbed loaded. I ve also crossed the Canadian Rockies pulling a horse trailer with four thousand pound beasts. Granted, my ex was the driver, but know it is breathtaking and if the Colorado Rockies impress you...or scare the bejesus outta you, wait until you see/drive the Canadian Rockies. Spectacular.

I ve been working this ranch in Oregon for so long and with my Skoolie I want to just travel the US, Canada and Mexico. I m an avid hiker and kayaker and I have lots of new places to go and enjoy my sports. Freedom at last!
Old 10-18-2016, 10:39 AM   #70
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDR76 View Post
Agreed. All the conversations I've heard via CB have been exactly that. How's the HAM radio scene? I know my ex brother in-law still nerds out with his. I signed up for a class once but it fell through, and I believe there is still a HAM system in my grandad's garage.....
Go to Prescott Arizona. I own property there and was amazed at all of the Ham huge radio towers in people's tract homes. Gads.
Closed Thread