Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 09:18 AM   #41
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummings Turbo 5.9 liter
Rated Cap: 72 Passengers:30,000 GVW
My intention was and is not to make this a dating site. My vision is simply to bring single people together that love to travel but perhaps not wanting to explore alone. Wandering individuals is a site for RVs people to socialize and travel to locations and have a common denominator i.e.; their RVs. Skoolie people are of a different mindset, marching to a different drummer and can share information to our unique mode of transportation. Not everyone is tied to another and we would benefit on many levels to have a community of others especially women that would enjoy the company of single Skoolies. I would love to drive both sides of Baja, but as a single woman I m not inclined to do this all alone. I first tried starting a new group on this site but when I sent it it disappeared into the Netherlands. I feel we all agree this forum is not appropriate and it appears others are thinking of ways to separate single Skoolies into a better forum. If you have any ideas please offer your thoughts. The "meat-market mentality" is not the intention.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:34 AM   #42
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomsass
Chassis: FreightShaker
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 5 speed
Rated Cap: 2 ATV's and friends
[QUOTE=milkmania;167178] Something like a He Man Woman Haters club for the much publicized Locker Room banter.

Spanky is that you?! LMAO, A quote from the Little Rascals, love it.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:03 AM   #43
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
im a 2016 kinda guy... so im on facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat, tumblr, etc..

I love social media... I love posting my adventures, travel,s, etc with my school busses..

I plan to stay single forever... the allure to me of a singles forum would not be to try and meet the man of my dreams but to simply be around people where im not a 3rd wheel, and share something in common... so many times in my other interests i go out with a couple only to be a 3rd wheel while they romance and im kinda like.. just there.. awkward..

if everyone is single theres not that 3rd wheel feeling.. I love the idea though of actual gatherings... unfortunately as much as i love to entertain, i dont have the facilities to park a bunch of busses at either of my residences... in florida i live in a city Flat.. right downtown.. and in ohio im in a newer suburban subdivision where there isnt enough room between driveways in many places to park long busses.. otherwise I would Love to host get togethers... BBQ's pizza outings, pot-lucks, etc.. I dig...

-Christopher
Old 10-17-2016, 10:32 AM   #44
Mini-Skoolie

Christopher...thank you. You get it. I own a ranch that right now is home to two Skoolies waiting to be transformed. I can accommodate many more. But aside from hosting Skoolies on anyone private property I would like to meet other Skoolies at various destinations, National Parks, caravan to places that safety is in numbers. We are only limited by our imaginations. Boondocking a flock of Skoolies could be a hoot.
Oh! Here's an idea...we could be in the Doo-Dah parade, singles and couples! That would be right up a Skoolies alley! If you are not familiar with the Doo Dah parade in Pasadena, California.....doo google it.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:44 AM   #45
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aapple View Post
Christopher...thank you. You get it. I own a ranch that right now is home to two Skoolies waiting to be transformed. I can accommodate many more. But aside from hosting Skoolies on anyone private property I would like to meet other Skoolies at various destinations, National Parks, caravan to places that safety is in numbers. We are only limited by our imaginations. Boondocking a flock of Skoolies could be a hoot.
Oh! Here's an idea...we could be in the Doo-Dah parade, singles and couples! That would be right up a Skoolies alley! If you are not familiar with the Doo Dah parade in Pasadena, California.....doo google it.
we have a Doo-Dah parade in columbus Ohio too... and its every bit of pasadena if not more... its a BLAST!!!!

one thing to remember is not all of us skoolies are campers... my busses are still pretty much busses.. i dont have toilets and stoves and such... and I dont tent-camp.. so any get together that involves overnighting for me to attend there needs to be a place where i can rent a hotel room not far away.. . im very muych an On-The-Grid kind of guy... I need to be able to work wherever i go.. which means having cell service...

-Christopher
Old 10-17-2016, 11:24 AM   #46
Mini-Skoolie

I ll build a guest bunk for you. Hotel? Eeeuuuuwww.
You appear to me to be the camp director, social butterfly, queen bee. A pun? I ll own it, I love puns.

Years ago when I was doing cross country racing on horses I wanted to get a group of female riders to participate in the Doo Dah parade. Our theme was to be...HAGS ON NAGS. Nobody else had a sense of weirdness. 8-(
Old 10-17-2016, 02:22 PM   #47
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Detroit MBE906
Rated Cap: 72
I have a few minutes so I'm working on this.... found a free hosting site with (supposedly) unlimited storage and traffic, so am uploading phpBB to it so I can see about getting something together... if it flies I'll register the domain and see if it takes off.
As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:14 PM   #48
Mini-Skoolie

Ok, I just found where I very first started Single Skoolies. If you click on COMMUNITIES on the home page menu bar you will find single Skoolies. Perhaps we can use this link for future threads?
I posted a photo of one of the busses but it posted upside down. I have not a clue how to fix this, no menu saying edit photos. Any suggestions?
Old 10-17-2016, 03:41 PM   #49
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlleyCat67 View Post
I have a few minutes so I'm working on this.... found a free hosting site with (supposedly) unlimited storage and traffic, so am uploading phpBB to it so I can see about getting something together... if it flies I'll register the domain and see if it takes off.

thats badass!!... phpbb is pretty straightforward to get a simple forum built...

I love it!
-Christopher
Old 10-17-2016, 03:52 PM   #50
Bus Nut

Yea it seems to be, so far.....

It's taking a little tweaking to get it set up but it's getting there.
As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he accompanied the level 60 dwarves on the Smaug the Dragon raid. Those powerlevelers probably invited him solely so he could trigger fellowship attacks for them.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:04 PM   #51
Bus Nut

Quote:
Ok, I just found where I very first started Single Skoolies. If you click on COMMUNITIES on the home page menu bar you will find single Skoolies. Perhaps we can use this link for future threads?
I posted a photo of one of the busses but it posted upside down. I have not a clue how to fix this, no menu saying edit photos. Any suggestions?
Y'know I never knew that function was even there??

Should I even continue working on what I've got going? I'm not very far in yet... Do you think it will fly here as a community subforum if you will, or do we want to take it elsewhere and let it develop its own identity? (This would also allow Skoolies who aren't members here to take part if they so choose.)
Old 10-17-2016, 04:45 PM   #52
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post

We should be having more gatherings, bbq's, get-togethers, hootenaneys, and hoedowns... Maybe some of you single folks could make some real world connections and get some buses a-rockin!?!

this.....

I think merging ANY discussion of dating into an awesome resource such as this is a disaster waiting to happen - AND, I am single?

The best way to meet people is to show up. BTW, I know of one get-together coming up in January?
Old 10-17-2016, 08:58 PM   #53
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Cool idea, personaly the only place ill find my otherhalf is at a skydive drop center. the only issue i see with meeting someone you want to be with that has a school bus is who's bus to sell, sure as hell wouldnt sell mine.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:23 PM   #54
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamine16 View Post
Cool idea, personaly the only place ill find my otherhalf is at a skydive drop center. the only issue i see with meeting someone you want to be with that has a school bus is who's bus to sell, sure as hell wouldnt sell mine.
That's simple... Open both doors and put a gang plank between them!
Problem solved, easy peasy
Old 10-17-2016, 09:28 PM   #55
Bus Nut

A VERY preliminary version is ready for a little testing.... please keep the flames to a minimum as my transitional period is starting here very shortly.

Also, ignore the domain it resides on, if it does indeed go live it will change.

SingleSkoolies
Old 10-17-2016, 10:00 PM   #56
Bus Nut

Year: 1990
Coachwork: BB
Engine: Cummins
Rated Cap: 25.999K
Singles??

Hey Apple, shoot me a PM, Ive give you my number! Problem solved! Either you'll no longer be single, OR i will convert you to the other team!!! Either way, its a win!! LOL
Old 10-17-2016, 11:21 PM   #57
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
I m trying to start a forum for Skoolie Singles. I thought I created this new group but I can't find it in the search. If I didn't do it correctly could someone like the Forum Administrator please start one? I m a single woman, just starting my bus conversion and hoping to hit the road next summer. It would be great to meet other single Skoolies to perhaps caravan together, share ideas on traveling alone or just making new Skoolie friends.
Single woman with a skoolie here, as well!

Sandi

www.thismidwifetravels.com
Old 10-17-2016, 11:39 PM   #58
Bus Nut

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Genesis/Am-Tran Tall Roof
Chassis: International, 643 transmission
Engine: DT 466ci 250hp, International
Rated Cap: 86 screaming Monsters
Lucky we don't have trains or this thing would be off the rails.

Ah, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck. You gotta copy on me, Pig Pen, c'mon? Ah, yeah, 10-4, Pig Pen, fer shure, fer shure. By golly, it's clean clear to Flag Town, c'mon. Yeah, that's a big 10-4 there, Pig Pen, yeah, we definitely got the front door, good buddy. Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy

Here we go!
Old 10-18-2016, 07:05 AM   #59
Bus Geek

does anyone still talk on CB?
Old 10-18-2016, 07:08 AM   #60
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
does anyone still talk on CB?
No, not really.
Tuckers bantering about lot lizards is about all I've heard in a long time. And a few sketchy conversations in spanish.
Closed Thread