Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2018, 12:06 AM   #1
Skoolie

Suggestion: Add Like Button

Sometimes I would like to acknowledge a post without writing something. Maybe this has been mentioned before. Thanks

Old 10-17-2018, 12:55 AM   #2
Skoolie

crickets on this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFish View Post
Sometimes I would like to acknowledge a post without writing something. Maybe this has been mentioned before. Thanks
crickets on this one
Old 10-21-2018, 09:21 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

It would be nice, I also think. But to get one working like in FB (how many likes, list of who liked it) would be a piece of work. It's my understanding that the BBS software that Skoolie.net is running on has reached end-of-life and is no longer supported by anyone, either a vendor or an open source community. The local admins are keeping it on life support by fixing reported bugs themselves, but unless I'm wrong nobody's ever going to improve it.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:20 AM   #4
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-fox View Post
It would be nice, I also think. But to get one working like in FB (how many likes, list of who liked it) would be a piece of work. It's my understanding that the BBS software that Skoolie.net is running on has reached end-of-life and is no longer supported by anyone, either a vendor or an open source community. The local admins are keeping it on life support by fixing reported bugs themselves, but unless I'm wrong nobody's ever going to improve it.
So it needs an upgrade for BBS software. Does it make money from these ads?
Old 10-24-2018, 03:18 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFish View Post
So it needs an upgrade for BBS software. Does it make money from these ads?
Moving to a new software platform is a BIG deal and not only is expensive but usually involves some downtime for the board. We're in a holding pattern for a while ;)

BUT while a like button isn't on the horizon, we have a nifty new "thanks" button on every post. The Thanks button is a nice way to show agreement or appreciation for a good post.

Each time you click, you have the opportunity to leave a comment (sent via PM) which the post author can read.

You can access your own thanks comments in your user cp (click on user cp on the upper nav bar) and the last 30 or so will be displayed in the center section of the page under "Latest Thanks received" You can also see stats about how many times you've been thanked.

Tags
like button