Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2005, 03:00 PM   #41
Mini-Skoolie

K... I have joined/moved... I just can't get used to the format that yahoo uses, I like this site because everything seems to be... just neater I guess.

It's probably just me.

Dan-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 03:13 PM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

Send a message via AIM to noahyay
i feel the same way about forums like this one. It is impossible to sort Throught the thousands of messages to find something useful. Plus you have to sort your way through the replies
Old 08-17-2005, 08:55 PM   #43
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66
I guess this forum (skoolie.net) spoiled me. I liked it from the first time I found it, and it is the only one I have ever joined. As I said before. I liked being able to test drive it (I couldn't test drive "the other site") and after I read about the tyranny, I was glad I didn't join.

I will check out Ben's site as his name has received good report. I too, have experienced and have reservations about how Yahoo forum sites are set up, but if there's good knowledge without malice to be shared, it's worth data mining!
Old 03-05-2007, 01:24 PM   #44
Bus Geek

i haven't been on schoolbusconversionnuts in probably a year or so. I had forgotten all about arky. What a wacko that guy is.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #45
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
I think the only reason I haven't been banned is because I don't go there. My account is most certainly inactive.

It's probably for the best, however. I don't take kindly to that kind of childish bahavior. I have plenty of yahoo bot making programs and I can scroll my IP address with the best of them. For every one of my names he banned, 5 more would be spamming his site up. What's even better is that his log in for the group is tied to Yahoo Messenger which has to be one of THE MOST flakey and insecure messengers I've seen to date. I certainly wouldn't do it, but I know plenty of people that would steal his account password just for the shear joy of doing it.

Ok....enough cyber terrorism...

I honestly never did like that site. The Yahoo Groups search function is horrible. I really do like the layout of Pro Boards. It doesn't take anything to learn how to use this one. There might be a wealth of knowledge over there, but I have yet to learn how to extract it. But the very best thing I've seen is that there isn't negativity on this site. There is constructive criticism and occasionally people float other ideas on how to do something out there, but never once have I had to climb into my flame retardant suit.

Amen and thank you, Steve!
Old 03-05-2007, 06:36 PM   #46
Almost There

I don't think that arkansacommie is even worth typing this sentence over.
Don't worry too much if he diss's ya.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:33 PM   #47
Bus Nut

I have to agree, I have been back there once since I found this site, and Arky had my account shut down. He reads here, then takes his revenge on those he thinks betrayed him. I'm not sure if it was his holier than thow attitude, or his bad spelling and even worse grammer... But I'm happy I found this forum and glad I don't have to deal with his attitude anymore!

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:48 AM   #48
Bus Nut

Re: the other site

how can you guys be so hard on Arky? He is such a lovable guy and so helpful, specially with new members he is very caring and supportive. I'm sure a new member at his site is just trilled to get a response such as this.....
Quote:
welcome to the group. it always heartens us when new members read the archives and 20 hours is a lot. what amazes me is how you could read that much and still have the questions you ask.... since they are very basic questions which have been discussed AD NAUSEUM here by multiple members..... heck your question about diesel vs gas was asked so many times that one of our members did a FILE on it ( see the LEFT SIDE of our front page for the REST of the archives )
DITTO for ALL your other questions.... they have ALL been answered to COMPLETION..... YEARS AGO.... and not just by punk IT'S who have never even ridden in a skoolie who answer every question with google copy/past ( and insert THIER BS ) but by THEM THATS DOING IT!

do you know how to use the search function? TIP.... KEEP IT SIMPLE... for instance
swinada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:48 PM   #49
Bus Nut

Year: 1985
Coachwork: ThomasBuilt
Chassis: International Harvester S-1700
Engine: 9L IHC V-8 Diesel 180HP
Rated Cap: 60

LOL! I forgot all about the Cajun!
Eric von Kleist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #50
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinada
how can you guys be so hard on Arky? He is such a lovable guy and so helpful, specially with new members he is very caring and supportive. I'm sure a new member at his site is just trilled to get a response such as this.....
Quote:
welcome to the group. it always heartens us when new members read the archives and 20 hours is a lot. what amazes me is how you could read that much and still have the questions you ask.... since they are very basic questions which have been discussed AD NAUSEUM here by multiple members..... heck your question about diesel vs gas was asked so many times that one of our members did a FILE on it ( see the LEFT SIDE of our front page for the REST of the archives )
DITTO for ALL your other questions.... they have ALL been answered to COMPLETION..... YEARS AGO.... and not just by punk IT'S who have never even ridden in a skoolie who answer every question with google copy/past ( and insert THIER BS ) but by THEM THATS DOING IT!

do you know how to use the search function? TIP.... KEEP IT SIMPLE... for instance
Serious ego problem. Also has a problem with TERETS, SHOUTING every other RANDOM word.
mouse059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #51
Bus Nut

Year: 1985
Coachwork: ThomasBuilt
Chassis: International Harvester S-1700
Engine: 9L IHC V-8 Diesel 180HP
Rated Cap: 60

Yowsa! Yes!!! Now I remember why I forgot!
Eric von Kleist is offline   Reply With Quote