Old 10-16-2017, 03:33 AM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

is there any way to set the session timer for a little longer? i dont always use my own computer and im not gonna go about changing the settings on other peoples computers to enable cookies. im new here and over the past couple days ive lost 3 lengthy typed up posts due to this. im trying to become a more active member and help some others out but its sooo disheartening when you lose 20 or 25 minutes worth of work and information.
12equiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:51 AM   #12
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12equiem View Post
is there any way to set the session timer for a little longer? i dont always use my own computer and im not gonna go about changing the settings on other peoples computers to enable cookies. im new here and over the past couple days ive lost 3 lengthy typed up posts due to this. im trying to become a more active member and help some others out but its sooo disheartening when you lose 20 or 25 minutes worth of work and information.
I used the "keep me signed in" box on the log in page, and the forum never signs me out.

I do have that issue on another forum, but not this one.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:43 AM   #13
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
No cookies, no storing the history, no large cache, no storing temporary files for long periods of time, none of that. (Firefox runs poorly enough as it is, without all of that junk!)
Cookies are what keep you logged in when you leave the page. Without cookies their is no way for the browser to remember you are logged in. 2 decent options.
-You can selectively pick what sites your browser will store cookies for.
-or you could get a encrypted password keeper, when it is open you can click a button to login selected sites and it will auto fill and log you in.

Quote:
You can always use a word processing program or text pad to type on then copy-paste it when you are ready to post.
ACamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:45 AM   #14
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
im trying to become a more active member and help some others out but its sooo disheartening when you lose 20 or 25 minutes worth of work and information.
Like they said, cookies. If you have plug-in for browser to limit cookies, give skoolie.net whitelist privledges.

After typing lengthy reply, copy the text to computer clipboard. Select-all, copy.
If gone, Ctrl-V and paste it.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:58 PM   #15
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: MCI
Chassis: 102 EL3
Engine: DD 60
Rated Cap: 50k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
After typing lengthy reply, copy the text to computer clipboard. Select-all, copy. If gone, Ctrl-V and paste it.

Similar approach but you can also do most of the typing in local program (notepad or whatever you like) and then paste it from there. I am a slow poster (like to think, research, over-analyze my words, etc...) so i use this approach.
JDOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote