Old 10-07-2008, 10:33 PM   #31
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

For the record, that Al Gore thread didn't technically get deleted...
Old 10-07-2008, 11:27 PM   #32
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 3208 na boat anchor
Rated Cap: 2

Oh gawd, we're Skoolies here. Learning as we do, learn by doing. The only hiearchy is pictures of yer bus, and I ain't posted no pictures.
bus-bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #33
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Rated Cap: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat
TIMBUK i'll explain it to you. the reason i am posting here is because certain people are LIEING which misleads newbies into thinking that they know from wence they speak. that causes them to copy thier shoddy, even unsafe, designs which leads to skoolies that are sub-standard. thats the reason that before schoolbusconversionuts you couldn't get insurance, no one would let you in a campground and you couldn't re-sell your skoolies. dipshit design. politicaly correctness that precludes anyone saying thats STUPID!
I'll take a stab at this one,
People did conversions long before yahoo ever existed and those people were able to get insurance and also did use campgrounds just like the sticksNstaple rigs. You don't have that far to look back either since yahoo was started in the mid 90's.

As for roof raising the big rv conversion company's have been doing that for years and I don't think they have done some of them as good as the very few here that have done it. Someone has to be the first to try it and figure out the dos and don'ts.

phillbus914 has nothing to be embarrassed about from what I see.
wmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #34
Bus Nut

Haha I think it's funny. Talk about shootin fish in a barrel...

I'm with Lapeer, I think he actually believes the crap he writes. He's so full of himself it's hilarious.

That was nice of him to say he's gunna lay off me though, he was really making some good points there... hahahahaha
Old 10-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #35
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66

AW-w-w-w. . .sorry fellas, I tried to stay out of this due to what happened last time, but I can't contain it any longer. In the interest of truth in advertising I offer the following. . .

Sherman, set the "Wayback Machine" to 1996, please. . .(Okay, Mr. Peabody). . . :

Ladies and Gentlemen;

in the red corner, wearing the red shorts (and face to match), I present: The 'nUts:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://gro ... versionuts

in the bliue corner, wearing the blue shorts (and white hat), I present: The 'nEts:
http://web.archive.org/web/*sa_/http://www.skoolie.net

OK, obviously the "Wayback Machine" does not contain complete data, especially for one of the sites. So-o-o, let's go with what we can prove statistically starting with the first matching month of the "Wayback Machine": Hm-m-m, can't use that method, one site is public (with data), one is private (therefore NO useable data other than it hasn't been updated for a while). . .so for the sake of this comparison, we will just start at December 2003 since both sites show up there, and go to today as of 10-08-08 1730 hours EST for the "tale of the tape":

Total posts: 'nUts = 19667
Total posts: 'nEts = 27972

Total members: 'nUts = 3271
Total members: 'nEts = 1573

Avg. post per member: 'nUts = 6.01
Avg. post per member: 'nEts = 17.78

Which really only shows that how many members have joined since December, 2003 doesn't really account for squat. . .what counts is participation!

What the numbers show me is that one site, with half the membership of the other, has nearly 3 times the participation of the other.

The math speaks for itself, I won't postulate as to why one site has more activity than the other. (The stats show the 'nEts win!. . .by TKO if nothing else. . .)

(*Judges, scorecards, please?*)

Respecfully Submitted,

Griff

p.s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat
. . .so that newbies know where the REAL skoolies are so they can build the best conversions they can with help from schoolbusconversionuts ( like 90% of YOU have done )
I'm delighted to know that I have achieved yet another coveted 10%'er title in yet another field!

p.p.s. Initial research does not indicate that Al Gore invented skoolies, or has converted a school bus for recreational use. . . ;)
Old 10-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #36
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Why is this moron being allowed to stay here & post?
Because despite Arky's best efforts, Steve will only ban him for breaking the rules, not for being an asshat, just as this group has always been for every member.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #37
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8

Wow, I never thought I'd get this much action from a post
Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #38
Mini-Skoolie

good point griff thanks for pointing out that at nuts we discourage people SHOOTING OFF THIER MOUTHS about anything and NOTHING. we also encourage our members to use our extensive library ( you guys need to get on the stick and steal more of our library, yours is pathetic ) INSTEAD of just getting on an asking the same old questions OVER AND OVER when they have been discussed extensively in the past. so what you see as something GOOD when there's a lot of postings per member others see as a pain in the ass getting all those useless messages in thier mailbox. our members USE our group. most of our mesages are ON SUBJECT. yours basicly just run thier mouths.
whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #39
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: IHC
Engine: Dt360
Rated Cap: 19

Old 10-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #40
Bus Nut

So.. Busnuts is better because some lunitic deletes a bunch of posts? Yeah sure wish that was the case here...

Once again Arky has embarrassed us all.

I like how he completely ignores the fact that in order to even read a post on the yahoo group you have to become a member. When someone proves you're wrong just ignore it arky... well I guess that's all you can do here, since you can't just delete every post you don't like.