Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2009, 08:17 PM   #61
Almost There

Year: 85
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: G.M.C. 6000 series
Engine: 366 G.M.
Rated Cap: 60
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Man Ive been kick'in around this country in a old skoolie since the mid 70's. Long before the compooter came along , back then the only time you saw any skoolies was at conserts or a chance meeting on the road the neatest thing to happen to me was this mode of comunication. I'm new to it but learning. I really feel a brotherhood out there with the skoolies. If I knew a fellow skoolie was down on the road in my area (Pearl River County Miss.) I would be there to help any way that I could. I looked at a lot of other sites before I joined this one. All the other ones had a bunch of Bull~~~p with them. You had to join to look around. I haven't meet any skoolies yet ( in person) but I sure would like too, perhaps tip a few burn some meat on the grill share some road stories. I think Iv'e found a home, hope so. Ya'll come see us I got sewer water power for a couple buses. May the farce be with you all. Russell

Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #62
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Man Ive been kick'in around this country in a old skoolie since the mid 70's. Long before the compooter came along , back then the only time you saw any skoolies was at conserts or a chance meeting on the road the neatest thing to happen to me was this mode of comunication. I'm new to it but learning. I really feel a brotherhood out there with the skoolies. If I knew a fellow skoolie was down on the road in my area (Pearl River County Miss.) I would be there to help any way that I could. I looked at a lot of other sites before I joined this one. All the other ones had a bunch of Bull~~~p with them. You had to join to look around. I haven't meet any skoolies yet ( in person) but I sure would like too, perhaps tip a few burn some meat on the grill share some road stories. I think Iv'e found a home, hope so. Ya'll come see us I got sewer water power for a couple buses. May the farce be with you all. Russell

Russell, welcome to the forum and maybe I'll run into you while I'm visiting my kids in Biloxi.
Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #63
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: IH
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72

Hi all, Just spent time reading 5 pages of postings back and forth, from someone named Whodat/Arky. As you all know, all of his links were "sign in" or join my club. I could not confirm any of his rantings, as I had to become a member of his group. Maybe it's just me, but I find this individual a very annoying little guy that pops out from under his bridge to offer his critisizm and maybe dive a dumpster, then crawl back in. I was really suprised that he is allowed to stay as a member. But that shows the fairness of this forum for everyone (even the mentally challanged) to speak up. I usually am not sucked into the retorick of weak minded/maliciuos individuals, but this guy is just FOS. I'm sure my first instict upon meeting him face to face would be to bitch slap him and tell him to STFU, but I'm sure he recieved a lot of that in "skool" growing up. Let us just ignore him and maybe his bridge will collapse.

Having said that:
Rock on Skoolie.net This forum has shown me a lot of ideas from people in all walks of life. Everyone has their own creative juices and expertice in different areas. I've seen a few things that might have been questionable and if I knew of a better way, I feel I could offer suggestions in a positive manner, without belittling someone for their idea. That's what makes out society work, the new ideas of people willing to take a chance, and share it with others. If it dos'nt work-oh well, we just learned something and can pass that along also. Life is about successes and failures, and we learn from both.
This is a great site to express out individualism & creativity. I believe most are here to help save us a few bumps and bruises along the way.
OK, I'LL GET OFF MY SOAPBOX... This Whodat guy just rubbed me the wrong way, but it seems he has done that to a lot of people. I did put him on my FOE list (actually he's the only one on there )
Old 02-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #64
Skoolie

Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.2 liter diesel
Rated Cap: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabear
Maybe it's just me, but I find this individual a very annoying little guy that pops out from under his bridge to offer his critisizm and maybe dive a dumpster....
Hey!! You're insulting half of us here with this comment! Dumpster diving is a prestigious line of work, and a respected way of life!!

-Ray
Old 02-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #65
Bus Nut

Sorry Fellows, No disrespect to anyone but Whodat. I was meaning - diving for his next meal. As far as "good junk" I myself have dove in for that much needed part. Our steel pile at the local dump is always stopped at before I leave.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:07 PM   #66
Skoolie

Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.2 liter diesel
Rated Cap: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabear
Sorry Fellows, No disrespect to anyone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguy67
No offense taken PapaBear! Just razzing you! !
Yeah!! Just razzing ya.

-Ray
Old 02-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #67
Bus Nut

Well, It's not really a free steel pile. In fact the sign says "No Scavenging" But I usually have my trailer behind me and they don't check it on the way out, just re-weight. Besides I'm not scavenging - I'M RECYCLING My Bad
Old 02-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #68
Bus Crazy

Dumpster divers unite!

My wife is a little bit unhappy that my 'finds' have filled up my side of the barn, and are creeping into the side where she parks her car.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #69
Bus Nut

DO NOT CROWD HER SPACE! My wife always wants to know why my junk is "good junk" and her junk is just junk. It's hard to explain why my broken lawnmower is worth saving over her plastic flower pot collection (that have no flowers in them)
Old 04-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #70
Skoolie

Glad to have found this thread.....been away a WHILE!
SkoolieConversions is as busy as the folks that actually take time to use it. It's still a usable source of info (albeit not as densely packed and informative as this site!).

I watch for any posts, and get notified from time to time that it's in use. I have no problem with either that site or this one. Since you need to log in here or there, what's the difference?
As for Arky, yeah, he's a troll, but since he 'owns' his site, it's his toy. It's easy enough to join with a dummy/'other' email address, and just play submissive and dumb. Think of it as BDSM for Buses!

RE: 'accumulating' junk....just let the Lady see you hauling stuff AWAY every now and then...make SURE she sees you! Then SWMBO will have no real idea that you're accumulating more.
OH, and make sure you 'clean' out your space now and then..even if you're only re-arranging it. Besides, you probably need to go through stuff and REALLY think about the piles you have/reorganize. Being a packrat is a mental disorder!

Odds are if you haven't moved it in two years, it should GO AWAY. Sell it, Freecycle.org it, Craig's List it for free or for sale. MOVE IT ALONG.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #71
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

I see Arkie STILL isn't taking his meds.

So far no one on this board has sent any graphic e-mails to my personal e-mail address threatening me with physical violence. They were bad enough that I dumped that group as soon as I got the things and re-posted them for the rest of the group to see why I quit... which just garnered me a few more that I only read one of and set the address up to go directly to the trash. I also sent copies to Yahoo which did no good either since I later heard he was still doing the same thing. I don't use Yahoo groups because of that. They say one thing but do nothing when a group violates their rules.

Beware, Arkie does sometimes lurk on this site. You can usually tell if it's one of his posts as it's almost identical to the e-mails you received. There are a few here that regularly post "Arkie-like" posts. I put them on my FOES list because it's just easier to do that to deal with them. Arkie isn't the only nasty thug out there.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #72
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Dodge S-600
Engine: 360 V8
Rated Cap: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by thjakits
Yeah I know - old threat...

"[Yada yada]...Since then this group has not only grown to be the largest skoolie group but has had far reaching effects on the SKOOLIE movement, RV design, yahoo groups and members lives as well. We are responsible for spreading the TRUTH about skoolies, dis-proving myths such as the un-availability of insurance to the myth about bieng turned away from all campgrounds etc etc. NOW we are a movement to be reckoned with. we are the second largest FREE RV group on yahoo. PEOPLE TAKE NOTICE! Of SKOOLIES now!
This group is DIRECTLY responsible for the building of HUNDREDS of skoolies. BEFORE this group there was only RVPOTENTATES spouting party line about ONLY ONE WAY to build a skoolie. The conventional way. NOW people are building RV's using the INNOVATIVE techniques we have developed here....[yada, yada]
In addition there has been at least THREE BOOKS published directly from our group archives as well as at least three private skoolie dotcoms who leveraged off our group and several SKOOLIE FORUMS formed by our members....[yada, yada]
we are the MOTHER of ALL SKOOLIE GROUPS...[yada, yada]
EVERY QUESTION that ANYONE can have regarding skoolies has been answered here MULTIPLE times by MULTIPLE experts. THAT'S why we stress, CHECK OUT OUR ARCHIVES!! thats also why we say BEWARE of other groups that offer newbies zero protection against spam and wrong advise by trolls.

[yada, yada]"

WOW - DOES this guy have some issues or what?!! Is he for real?

Well enough time wasted!

Cheers all,

thjakits
It took me half an hour to read that s***. Like clearing out the yard of an abandoned house with the occasional OWW from encountering a broken beer bottle hidden in the grass. So that's what the NUTS in "SchoolBUSconversioNUTS" refers to!

Oh, Lord, thank you for directing me to Skoolie.net instead of that jungle!