Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-09-2008, 11:38 PM   #51
Bus Nut
 
phillbus914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 786
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arky
phillbus you're a gas ya know...... so i guess you mean that no one unsubscribes? just because YOU never thought of it doesn't mean others don't think either.
Yeah I bet after registering and casually reading a few posts EVERYONE takes the time to remove themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arky
last year arkie changed everyones email settings to RECEIVE EACH MESSAGE to weed out the casual members
Oh that's cool, wish steve would tamper with my settings... that'd be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arky
someone had to explain to you who they were talking about..... just like the thread that got deleted where you posted the stats from some other skoolie group saying it was nuts and quoting them to prove how nuts was going under.
Yeah what an idiot I am (wow I'm embarrassed now) I didn't know that more than one Yahoo skoolie group existed... that's probably because I find all I need right here at Skoolie.net and don't visit the laughable yahoo skoolie groups.

As far as the last thread when that happened, someone (you) had to explain who CLEMENT was... probably because you're so stupid you jumbled the entire post into one paragraph. One second you're wining about me and next sentence you're talking about someone else. Here see for yourself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arky
ya philbus you're another one. you got banned for the same reason. too frikken stupid to live. what group are you talking about DUUUUUUH! since you brought it up. heres nuts stats. we average 75 different individuals posting monthly. currently 2858 members. so again since you want to compare. compare that to this pitiful tribe. see you're a perfect example of what i mean. you don't have a CLUE about reality. put you sure don't spare the hot air. (chart here) and before you chime in clement.....
Since no one by that screen name had posted anything on that thread, of course I thought it was about me. here's the link to that post if you'd like to check viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2425&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Quote:
Originally Posted by arky
you're a fool. pure and SIMPLE. and i emphasize SIMPLE!
Yeah I'm the simple one... you dance around the reason why nuts has so many members like you think the rest of us are as stupid as you are. And your response to that is casual members remove themselves after reading a few posts?? You actually believe that? I don't buy it for a second. I bet less than 1 in 10 remove themselves after registering just to read a few posts.

Funny it never seems to cross your mind that you're completely wrong even when no one agrees with you. Yeah you're right and everyone else is wrong...
__________________
My Old Bus :(
phillbus914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:51 AM   #52
Bus Geek
 
lapeer20m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: near flint michigan
Posts: 2,653
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

don't you get it phillbus? Arky is the only normal one, and the rest of the world is completely insane! DUH! If only you weren't so simple you would understand that!
__________________
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes (who will watch the watchmen?)
lapeer20m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:36 AM   #53
Bus Nut
 
Roasting8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 382
Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat
i didn't say that arkie never bans anyone ( please QUOTE where i said that ). what i said and what you didn't respond to was that the LIE earlier in this thread by genius phillbus that arkie bans anyone who posts here was proven as a lie by YOUR CASE. nor did you address the FACTS in the case about how long you were a member etc. you just blow smoke but that does go hand in hand with hot air ( you must be a democrat ) quite the contrary i tried to explain that he bans the Aholes, BS artists, motormouths and idiots.thats why skoolie net is a valuable asset to the skoolie movement. it gives you all a place to be. like the funny farm. i am just here to let newbies know to BEWARE. because you LIE! not EVERYONE HERE! just a handful. but that handful are the most vociferous and who make the majority of the posts here. great entertainment but before you do ANYTHING to your skoolie better run it past schoolbusconversionuts first. because only a handful of guys here know squat ( the silent minority ) about what they're doing and they are also on nuts. we don't want your tripe on nuts. just your TECHNICAL QUESTIONS or innovations. save the tripe for here.

ps. funny how you can read bananation two ways.taken at face value it implies that bill was posting some same ole googled cut and paste crapola. funny he didn't put what HE SAID that arkie was responding too so we could read it all in context huh. or maybe it was the same reason phillbus got banned.... he only had everyone else in his links except nuts while enjoying nuts hospitality.

Before I start; I am a Reagan Republican. I do believe that the market and the people take care of themselves. I've noticed that you're the one that tries to control the show. Arky, do you conduct yourself in the same way during a gathering? Are you the bully of the tribe?

Anyway, this seems to be a waste of my time. I have better things to do than to argue with a self-righteous elitist that thinks he knows more than anyone else.

Bye Arky.
Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:41 AM   #54
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Upstate NY (Mohawk Valley)
Posts: 1,096
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Quote:
ATTN: NEWBIES do yourself a favor and read all my postings here for a more detailed explanation of whats what.
No.

Quote:
last year arkie changed everyones email settings to RECEIVE EACH MESSAGE to weed out the casual members . only 80 quit. everyone else RESET to thier preferences.
I get a couple hundred emails per day between work and home. Anyone who would mess with my personal preference settings to force me to receive more mail than I want to IS a SPAMMER. I would quit the group, too. Life's too short to keep resetting my preferences to satisfy someone else's goals, however worthwhile those goals may seem to them.

(Assume RONCO announcer's voice But wait, there's MORE! I don't HAVE to quit! I NEVER JOINED!

I won't even use my 'professional' Yahoo! account for worthwhile groups like freecycle.org, because you can't view messages on Yahoo! without joining a group.

I had "read the mail" here on Skoolie.net for several weeks before signing up. The tag line in someone's signature encouraged me to register, just as Elliot's signature encourages one to list their general location.
__________________
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:16 AM   #55
Bus Nut
 
phillbus914's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 786
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat
funny he didn't put what HE SAID that arkie was responding too so we could read it all in context huh. or maybe it was the same reason phillbus got banned.... he only had everyone else in his links except nuts while enjoying nuts hospitality.
yeah MAYBE that's the reason.. I wouldn't know... even though you claim to send out several warnings before you ban anyone (riiiight) I don't even remember posting a single post on busnuts (shows what an awesome site that is, not to mention I found nuts a long time before I found skoolie) a few posts ago you tried to post a link where I had, but of course I'd have to re-register to even read it. A fellow member who hasn't been banned yet copied and pasted the post I made, and all it said was what rear end I had in my bus... I still don't see why I was banned... I firmly believe it's because I'm a member here.

Like I've said before, it took me over a year to even realize I'd been banned. Shows ya how often real skoolie owners visit your site. I bet over 90% of the traffic you see over there are people who sign up just to read posts. What a joke of a yahoo group.
__________________
My Old Bus :(
phillbus914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:35 AM   #56
Bus Crazy
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Central Iowa
Posts: 1,838
Send a message via AIM to Steve
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat
but that doesn't preclude SPAMMERS who are actual people who do the same thing. THATS why arkie keeps the membership list private so that SPAMMERS can't do the same thing.... NOW DO YOU GET IT? probably not!
Which is exactly what you were doing on this site with the account you are using right now. You signed up and started spamming our members about the Nuts site.

If you really wanted to help people why not put a link to this site in your links section?
__________________
View my 1972 Ward: Topic from the Build : The Picture Gallery
View my 1986 Blue Bird: Topic from the Build : The Picture Gallery
View my 1960 GMC: Topic from the Build : The Picture Gallery
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:14 AM   #57
Skoolie
 
Ray_WA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 193
Year: 1991
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.2 liter diesel
Rated Cap: 24
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Oh and by the way, this is the only skoolie website as far as I know. You don't even have a site, you have a yahoo group.
Hehehe.....

You're right. Yahoo Groups aren't real sites.

I've done a lot of reading on the net over the past year about skoolies. I've searched far and wide and particularly enjoy finding individual sites about specific conversions. As far as active forums where you can read and browse there are no other sites that compare to this one. I've visited and read here off and on for a year now. I joined when I finally bought a bus.
In my various internet travels I'd occasionally stumble upon links to the "biggest and best" skoolie site on the net and excitedly click the link only to be taken back to that yahoo group that disappointed me the first time I went there. Which brings me back to my first thought. Yahoo Groups can't compare with a real forum.

-Ray
__________________
Pack up your bus and bug out to the hills!
Ray_WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #58
Bus Crazy
 
timbuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: vancouver island bc
Posts: 1,028
Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

here here Ray! well said fellow busman
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #59
Bus Nut
 
Roasting8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 382
Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguy67
I'm a relative newbie. I probably shouldn't resurrect this thread but I gotta say my peace!

When I got serious about converting a bus............
Hi Van Guy, I completely agree with you about arky's group, but the group I was referring to is the other Skoolie site. At the time I wrote the post was when the Skoolieconversions group was going through a dry spell (just like it's going through one now) and I thought that the group was dying. After the post, the site picked up again and looks like it's doing ok.

I was asking because there are many on this forum that are part of the Skoolieconversions group.

Sorry about the confusion guys.

Robert
Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #60
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 40
Year: 1959
Coachwork: superior
Chassis: international
Engine: 468 c.i. BBchevy
Rated Cap: 66
Re: What's Happened to Skoolieconversions?

Ditto! vanguy67. I made one post there and got berated by Arkie for not putting up links. I looked at his bus and am not impressed. And that Archumbutt guy said the paint I used would cost $6000.00. I had put in my post how much I had spent, $600.00. For 6k I could have knocked back a few cold ones and watched the people I hired do all the labor. Talk about a troll. Not only am I new to this forum I am new to any forum. However I cannot imagine a place where people from around North America and even overseas with varied backgrounds, ideas, opinions and buses coming together and talking about something that is usually more than a hobby and doing it in a friendly and respectful manner even when they disagree. Long live Skoolie net.
Navistate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It finally happened........ lornaschinske Everything Else | General Skoolie Discussions 1 12-29-2010 08:11 PM
That Just Happened Abbott Conversion General Discussions 1 08-05-2008 06:47 PM
What Happened? oldog12 Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box 9 03-13-2008 10:23 AM
hey what happened? phillbus914 Forum Admin | Account Help | Suggestion Box 8 08-20-2007 10:18 PM
What happened???? capttrips25 Everything Else | General Skoolie Discussions 1 12-22-2004 10:36 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.