Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2019, 04:08 PM   #1
Almost There

Year: ‘09
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Vision
Engine: 6.7
Rated Cap: 35’
'09 Bluebird Vision Qiestions

So this will be the first post about our new purchase, and definitely not the last. Been reading as many topics as I can before asking questions, but haven't found the answers. So here are my first three questions:
1. Looking for a service/owners manual. I have found one for just about every year except the '09. The '08 and '10 seem to have a lot of differences.
2. I have pneumatic front double doors. There is a lock on the outside to keep the doors closed when the air pressure drips. The ignition key fits the lock, but won't turn. Is there possibly another key for this lock?
3. In between the driver's seat and the wall is a box, about 12"x12". It has several wires running into it and one runng out of it into the dash. It has a fan that will not shut off and I'm worried that it will drain the batteries. What is this this?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190902_132135_exported_3325244291622856963.jpg   MVIMG_20190902_132150.jpg  

Ranchorossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:20 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
That looks just like the one on my bluebird. I have separate keys for the door and ignition.

My door lock is a bit warn and most any key of similar size will fit in the lock. It just won't turn.

You can probably get a replacement key from your local Bluebird dealer. I have dealt with Brice Bus Sales in Everett when I lived on the West side. Awesome folks to deal with.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote