Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2006, 02:54 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

1977 International Loadstar 1700

Hey everyone i am new to all this, i just bought a 1977 international loadstar 1700 for $700 with the 345 gas engine, 160,000 and wayne lifegaurd body, it was already converted but very sloppy like and nothing is square and plumb as far as woodwork but anyways i have a few questions:

1. What type of tranny is in it? Is it known to be reliable(any info appreciated and or links to complete info on this year and model bus)

2. i would like to replace all the belts, where can i find belts for it and info on installing them ex. special tools or methods, they are all dry rotted and cracked.

3. Where can i find parts for a tune up, plugs, wires, air filter, cap and rotor, fuel filter (if applicable)

4. where can i find replacement lenses/bulbs for the flashing lights on the front of the bus, the light switches have been removed and the lenses and bulbs removed as well i would like to re install the switches and lenses/bulbs for off road use i think it would be cool to have them working if i ever wanted to use them while camping out in the woods etc.. Any info on replacing them as well is appreciated.

5. there is no true value close to me, i was wondering if there was any similar paint to xo rust, i believe there is a TSC close by as well as walmart, i live in Frederick Md by the way if there is any known stores to get good cheap paint please let me know

6. i am finsished with questions thanks to all who took time to read and/or respond, pics to come soon of the beast!!!

77International is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:57 AM   #2
Skoolie

77 international

say 77 , i got a couple internationals. they are automatics. i realy dont know what brand they are ?? maybe a allison ?? the moderator of this site has a international, maybe he would know. but mine works well. as far as belts and bulbs, and parts for that 345 go, all that stuff can be got at your local napa store or auto parts store. or probably the local truck parts store. take the belts off and bring them in, they just measure them with a special belt measuring thing they got. thats whats nice about the 345 c.i. international engine is they used it in about every thing so parts are plentifull. good luck.
westport_wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

BUMP
Old 07-09-2006, 03:41 PM   #4
wtd
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas TransitLiner
Quote:
1. What type of tranny is in it? Is it known to be reliable(any info appreciated and or links to complete info on this year and model bus)
>> I can't answer this but more info would probably help those that can - manual, automatic, number of speeds?

Quote:
5. there is no true value close to me, i was wondering if there was any similar paint to xo rust, i believe there is a TSC close by as well as walmart, i live in Frederick Md by the way if there is any known stores to get good cheap paint please let me know
>> True Value site lists 6 stores within 20 miles of Frederick. Store locator -> http://www.truevalue.com/content/storef ... product=TV
... I like Rustoleum as well as XO Rust, but a bit more pricey I think.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:35 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

its an automatic, Allison AT54O