Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-13-2017, 10:52 PM   #1
Skoolie
 
debbiejay4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 110
1998 Goshen Coach

Does anyone know about the quality of a bus like this? Please share any information you know about it. It is a diesel, automatic. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
debbiejay4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:11 AM   #2
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,409
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Someone else is actually working on a Goshen coach at this time in an active thread. That is going to be a learning experience for a lot of us. How different can it be?

That's a nice looking rig.
__________________
Robin
Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:13 AM   #3
Skoolie
 
debbiejay4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Someone else is actually working on a Goshen coach at this time in an active thread. That is going to be a learning experience for a lot of us. How different can it be?

That's a nice looking rig.
Robin, how do I find the thread?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
debbiejay4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:22 AM   #4
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,409
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
It just began so you haven't missed anything yet. I read about it just this evening, only two posts so far. It's in the list of current threads but I can't remember which one.
__________________
Robin
Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:24 AM   #5
Skoolie
 
debbiejay4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
It just began so you haven't missed anything yet. I read about it just this evening, only two posts so far. It's in the list of current threads but I can't remember which one.
Thank you, Robin.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
debbiejay4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:25 AM   #6
Traveling
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,573
Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiejay4444 View Post
Thank you, Robin.
Thanks for nuttin, Robin.

Here is an actual, useful link http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f32/19...ner-18831.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:29 AM   #7
Skoolie
 
debbiejay4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Thanks for nuttin, Robin.

Here is an actual, useful link http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f32/19...ner-18831.html
Thanks, Rusty.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
debbiejay4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:34 AM   #8
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,409
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Have you ever looked at the possibility of a bookmobile, or repurposing a police mobile command center or even a bloodmobile? A lot of the work is done with good insulation and a generator already installed. Those are most often 35' or so. Probably to big, huh?

I'm just thinking there must be a reason why the Goshen isn't more popular for conversion. If you got this one, it would be the third one I've heard of in the past two years. But then I have a swiss cheese memory at times. Some call it a selective memory.
__________________
Robin
Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:41 AM   #9
Skoolie
 
debbiejay4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Have you ever looked at the possibility of a bookmobile, or repurposing a police mobile command center or even a bloodmobile? A lot of the work is done with good insulation and a generator already installed. Those are most often 35' or so. Probably to big, huh?

I'm just thinking there must be a reason why the Goshen isn't more popular for conversion. If you got this one, it would be the third one I've heard of in the past two years. But then I have a swiss cheese memory at times. Some call it a selective memory.
Excellent idea! I'll look.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
debbiejay4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:53 AM   #10
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 15,796
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Tiny wheels and low ground clearance would be my guess as to why we don't see more of them.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.