Old 05-20-2017, 04:20 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Something seems off here, the guy supposedly put about 4K of parts into this motor and the service lights are still on??? Is there evidence things were ever apart like receipts for injectors , new valve cover gaskets etc?
Seems to me the guy can't fix the bus after googling and youtubing why his check engine light was on and is now dumping it..
abs light should cancel when the abs module is happy.. so it being lit means an abs fault is still there...
At 5500 there are a lot of nicely running units out there that everything works
Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:24 AM   #22
Skoolie

I concur with the Cadillac kid there should be plenty of buses out there that run perfectly fine have good bodies and perfectly good working breaks ... On our 2002 Church bus ABS light would come on once in awhile if the ABS was dirty we would just wiggle the wire tap on it and blow some compressed air around the module usually took care of it but I do know when it is lit the ABS is not working.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
milkmanchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:27 AM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
MOST often it is a wheel speed sensor that turns on the ABS light... I dont know on fords how hard they are to troubleshoot or replace... on GM's they seem to be pretty straight forward..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:01 AM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
Something seems off here, the guy supposedly put about 4K of parts into this motor and the service lights are still on??? Is there evidence things were ever apart like receipts for injectors , new valve cover gaskets etc?
Seems to me the guy can't fix the bus after googling and youtubing why his check engine light was on and is now dumping it..
abs light should cancel when the abs module is happy.. so it being lit means an abs fault is still there...
At 5500 there are a lot of nicely running units out there that everything works
Christopher
Perhaps, yeah I had my doubts, but I was reaching in that respect. The thing was sitting a bit, batteries died out, check engine light might be on because of those, he was saying, but I'm not so sure only because someone once told me to get the check engine light off, you disconnect batteries a bit.. I dunno. I did notice a new oil pump or filter under the bus, so I think he did at least something there. He seemed decently honest, just stubborn as sh*t.
He said him and his dad bought it to turn into an RV, but don't have the time. Supposedly his father works north for the summer and isn't around, though I'd love to have a word with him.

Thanks guys.
rw3iss is offline   Reply With Quote