Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2016, 02:51 PM   #1
Skoolie

A few freshwater questions

So I've got my freshwater tank, shurflo revolution waterpump, an Evo waterfilter a water pressure regulator and an inlet thingy. I plan on drilling the hole behind the rear driver side wheel well and attaching my inlet with some self tappers or bolts and nuts. Into the bus I'll probably have the water pressure regulator if I don't just attach it on and off after each use. Then I'll have my water filter followed by a y valve with one going straight to the lines and one with a shutoff going to the fresh tank. I figure when I'm filling the tank I'll open that y valve and it will fill the tank as long as I don't have any faucets open. I was also wondering about mounting the filter inside vs just setting it outside on a stand when filling up oe connected. It seems like less risk for leaking inside and less compartment space I need inside for the pump and filter if the filter just sits outside when filling or connecting. Oh I will also be ordering an accumulator tank and a strainer for the pump. Any thoughts? Also with me rectangular 100 gal freshwater tank... should I try to find some sort of rubber or something to put around it? I was just going to frame it in with 2x4s and wood. I looked around the store to try to find something that Might protect the tank from abrasion but didn't have a whole lot of luck. Otherwise it will just be relatively snug in a "wooden box"

EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 04:58 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Got an inner-tube? You know, from before tubeless tires. Cut it into strips to put between the tank and framing where they touch or rub.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:00 PM   #3
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Got an inner-tube? You know, from before tubeless tires. Cut it into strips to put between the tank and framing where they touch or rub.
Like a bike innertube?
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 06:05 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Yeah, except larger like a car or even truck inner-tube would be better. You should be able to get a flat truck tube at a tire shop for free.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote