Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2018, 01:04 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC 2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 65?
ac location front/back

I think most will agree what you envision for your conversion and what you actually do sometimes aren't the same. I planned to put a rooftop ac in the middle of the bus but my shower is in the way now. There were only so many options for drainage and grey water tank. It's not too big of a deal. My ceiling is still open towards the front and back. The engine is up front and a Max air vent van just in front of my first hatch, solar panel behind this hatch. I am going to use the area in front of the vent fan or the very last section of roof toward the rear for the ac, these are the locations I'm left with. I'm just not sure if one location is better than the other. Only concern I see right now is it will add weight (100lbs?) To the front end and make the roof cluttered?

AC unit will be non ducted 13k btu or more and the bus is 10 window. Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.

Stuntmanmitch is offline   Reply With Quote