Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Re: Access to electrical panels - electronics

access is good, check out the how to tutorials and look at boats and factory rv's, you will probably want a monitor/switch panel inside and a central power locker with the inverter,batteries,switchgear,shorepower cable, etc all in on place.
it will be to your advantage to take your time and make neat harness with enough length that you can open the monitor panel and access the back side when needed.

paul iossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
Bus Nut

I think I would us an enclosure/box hinged on the side and mount all the monitor stuff in the door and put the works inside with the harness running along the hinge and doing a u turn and coming back along the hinge to every thing inside. use the raceway with slots in the sides and a snap on cover to keep the wireing neat. then make a smoked plexiglas cover over the front panel so all you see is the indicator lights.
paul iossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #3
Bus Nut

I installed my RV style breaker box on the end of the kitchen counter cabinet, and have easy access to the back side of it. This box handles all the 120vac and the 12dc stuff....

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote