so I went to move El Tortuga this evening to hook up the kayak trailer.
So I climbed behind the wheel and noticed first I still had 60lbs of pressure after about a week...cool
I fired her up and wandered around her as the engine warmed up and air pressure built up(amazing that you CAN wander in a vehicle)
I sat down,released the brakes,dropped into reverse,gave throttle....no movement..just the torque converter flashing up...crap!
put it back into nuetral
So I jumped out,and crawled under and looked....brake shoes still on the drums...so I looked at air chamber "rods" and noted there position,went inside and pulled brake release out.
I crawled back under her and noted position of "rods"...yup damn...they were moving but brakes not releasing.
I released air brakes and then:
I chocked all the tires...VERY IMPoRTANT!!!...I grabbed two ball pen hammers.I placed one one the brake shoe web and smacked it with the other hammer,a few wacks later they both released from the drums.
She shuddered when they released
I removed chocks and she was good to go.
After all the rain,I drove in for two days and the having it sit for a week "Bonded" the shoes to the drums with rust...so offf we went...
Just posting incase others have same issue