Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2019, 06:50 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: bluebird
Chassis: F33695
Engine: 427 chevy converted to 466
Rated Cap: 84
In my opinion weight is the key factor. My 1976 All American BB has springs all around and rides great but weighs 24,000 pounds the way it sits, add a couple motorcycles and a weeks worth of food, water and I am over 26,000. Drove a buddies RV with an 8.3 with 3060 and air bags all around and I keep thinking we were going to turn over in the curves of the road, just mush suspension.

sportyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:51 AM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Winnebago
Chassis: Ford F53
Engine: Ford Triton V-10
Rated Cap: currently 2
The body roll in turns and off-camber events isn't a fault of the air bag suspension but rather the lack of adequate anti-sway bars if it has any at all. I know we're just debating the merits of air bags but in reality a proper vehicle suspension is a whole vehicle approach. Granted, we're starting with a vehicle entirely designed for one purpose (school bus) and re-purposing it as an RV so to an extent its just live with what you got but as with any problem there is a solution, the question is how much resources we want to pour into it.
Sehnsucht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:21 AM   #23
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3800 International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
tire pressure makes a difference in ride, get your bus on scales and adjust your tire pressure, to much air makes a harsh ride, after I did mine it made a nice improvement , I had max air pressure, after lowering 20 pounds (using the tire chart) it took the jarring out. never underinflate your tires,
gbstewart