Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2015, 12:05 PM   #21
Bus Crazy

School buses come in four different types.
  • Type 'A' have a driver's door with the service door behind or just across from the driver with the engine part ways inside and part ways outside. These come in both single rear wheel and dual rear wheel versions. GVWR is usually under 14,000 lbs.
  • Type 'B' are built on a rail chassis with the service door behind the driver with the engine part ways inside and part ways outside. These are also known as "bread box" buses since they are built on the same chassis as bread delivery trucks. GVWR is usually under 19,000 lbs.
  • Type 'C' buses are built on a conventional medium duty truck chassis with the engine completely outside under a hood in front and the service door behind the front axle. Lengths go from as few as four rows to as many as thirteen rows. GVWR ranges from under 19,000 lbs. to over 32,000 lbs.
  • Type 'D' buses are buses that have the service door in front of the front axle. The engine can be in front (FE), in back (RE), and some cases mid-mount (most Crown and some Gillig buses). Lengths go from as few as six rows to as many as sixteen rows to a maximum of 40'. GVWR ranges from under 26,000 lbs. to over 50,000 lbs. with a third axle.

cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomsass
Chassis: FreightShaker
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 5 speed
Rated Cap: 2 ATV's and friends
.....it's a 40 footer, but check out "whitey the toy hauler" for some ideas, probably on page 3 or 4 by now. Without crappin' on anyone else, 'cause there's a lot of very cool "home" builds. That build is one of my favorite toy hauler builds [road & dirt bikes]....which is the route I'm going.

....fumes from the bike, leave the back two windows in on either side and leave them open a crack.....just a thought.
REDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:27 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDD View Post
.....it's a 40 footer, but check out "whitey the toy hauler" for some ideas, probably on page 3 or 4 by now. Without crappin' on anyone else, 'cause there's a lot of very cool "home" builds. That build is one of my favorite toy hauler builds [road & dirt bikes]....which is the route I'm going.

....fumes from the bike, leave the back two windows in on either side and leave them open a crack.....just a thought.
Thanks for the lead! i will check that out
Dakota123 is offline   Reply With Quote