Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2006, 02:02 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 International diesel
Rated Cap: 60
Anybody live in an apartment?

Just curious if any of you live in an apartemnt? If so, where do you work on your bus at? I'm sure most apartment's wouldn't allow a school bus to be parked in the lot. I live in military housing and am wondering where I'll be able to work on my bus at. I might be able to pull it onto the street and work on it during the day, but would have to take it back to storage at night. What do you guys do?

https://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...DSC02426-1.jpg
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
I currently live in a duplex with enough room for the bus, but it's not here. Instead I just keep it at my parents' house 60 miles away. It's no the most convenient situation, but it beats paying local storage charges. I do know of guys in the fourwheeling world that have gone so far as to do a solid axle swap in the parking lot. Be respectful of neighbors with your working hours, Keep the work area clean and organized. PRobably the first and foremost thing you need to do is paint it and get RV plates for it. At that point you've earned the same status as a $500,000 diesel pusher and get the same rights (and fall under the same zoning regulations).
Old 09-26-2006, 01:21 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
For a while I used to park my bus on the street and move it from side to side twice a day to keep from getting a ticket. I had a couple people ask me not to park in front of their house but legally there was nothing wrong with what I was doing.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #4
Skoolie

I, too, live in a duplex. However, I have some friends that have a large driveway about 10 miles away, that let me park the bus at their place. In the near future, they also will be getting a skoolie. So, part of my keeping it there, is I also get to help them with their conversion. Which is a fair trade in my book.
eggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #5
Bus Nut

I live in a campground, and they certainly won't allow me to work on the bus here. But I work for a heavy truck dealer, and they have been very gratious to allow me to store it there, and work on it in their lot. However, my alterative plan was to rent RV storage (cost $27 per month) and hopefully work on it there. Not sure they would allow it, but so far I haven't had the need to find out....

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:49 PM   #6
Bus Nut

You can also look for an industrial area. Lots of business have fenced yards and would be happy to rent you a spot.

There is a guy a few miles from here with a few acres for sale. He has a few guys storing their motorhomes there for real cheap.
busone is offline   Reply With Quote