Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2019, 10:51 PM   #1

Anyone ever put in a laundry chute???

I'm thinking very seriously about building some type of additional boxes under the bus so the laundry could get dropped through the floor into baskets underneath for extra space.
I've considered something similar with a ramp for the cat box. As it is I have to keep it under the bench seat and blocked off or the dogs like to help themselves to "special kitty crunchies"....
Anyone done something similar?
Would they have to be metal??

Karanaturally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:26 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Amtran RE
Chassis: International 3000
Engine: T444e 7.3L
I had a 48"x18"x18" storage box when I bought my bus. I filled it with outdoor stuff (hammocks, chairs, toys, etc.) I added a 24"x18"x18" battery box and two 36"x18"x18" boxes for tools, extra fluids, hoses, cables, etc. More boxes would be nice - I'd add firewood, more outdoor equipment, etc. Laundry would be way down my list. Unfortunately, it would require some cleverness and probably some extensive fabrication to successfully mount any more boxes than I have now.

Buyers Products Black Steel Underbody Truck Box w/ T-Handle Latch (18x18x24 Inch) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005S5BF6U..._oYXuDb35WXP6N
Biscuitsjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:50 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Engine: DT530
Rated Cap: 84
I love this idea. We have factory under bus storage so we can just drop right into that.